Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't had the chance to test this on networks other than the one in my home, so I don't know if it's network specific (I'm pretty sure it's not), but I'm having some trouble with my wifi connection. It seems to be getting constantly interrupted. It doesn't show on my top bar as connecting and disconnecting constantly, but it's disrupting programs on my Pre.

The browser frequently takes two-three tries to get the back button to load anything, or to get a link to connect. Sometimes more, sometimes I get lucky on the first try. I either have to hit refresh or close the card and try again. It works perfectly on EVDO.

HotSync in Classic is the same way - it takes several tries to get it to connect and sync with my computer. MANY more tries than the browser. It gets interrupted or disconnected at various stages in the process. Eventually I get lucky and it syncs right up.

PocketMirror does this RARELY, but it has happened a couple of times.

Has anybody else had this problem? This doesn't seem to be 1.4.0 specific, since I had the browser problem before the update (not this bad, though). It fixed temporarily with the update, but now it's back and worse. What's going on?
    I'm suffering this **** from day one. I'm going to send my Pre to repair tomorrow. Next friday I'll tell you
    This happens to me too!...Pretty much..it happens to me all the time..if the phone screen shuts off..the wifi connection shuts off too..I tried to get palm to help me, but I keep missing Palm's call..
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    This happens to me too!...Pretty much..it happens to me all the time..if the phone screen shuts off..the wifi connection shuts off too..I tried to get palm to help me, but I keep missing Palm's call..
    Is that happening with the Wi-Fi setting to stay on while asleep?
    Mine has been buggy too but I connect to a router that is in the building next to me so its not always the strongest connect.
    I have it set to disconnect when the phone sleeps to save battery and turn Data off at home with this option.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    WiFi is a bust in 1.4...... 1.4.1. will address that or so we hope. Many people are "dealing" with it. It's frustrating.
    No, man. I suffer this since 1.1... I've waiting for a update solution.
    Errors 2023 and 2061 continously
    yeah...Palm tried to tell me that it wasnt a bug. My phone wifi was working fine with I.3.5, but after 1.4 update, it keep disconnecting the wifi after a while. And yeah, i set it to keep Wifi on.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by braindeadracefan View Post
    I haven't had the chance to test this on networks other than the one in my home, so I don't know if it's network specific (I'm pretty sure it's not), but I'm having some trouble with my wifi connection. It seems to be getting constantly interrupted. It doesn't show on my top bar as connecting and disconnecting constantly, but it's disrupting programs on my Pre.

The browser frequently takes two-three tries to get the back button to load anything, or to get a link to connect. Sometimes more, sometimes I get lucky on the first try. I either have to hit refresh or close the card and try again. It works perfectly on EVDO.

HotSync in Classic is the same way - it takes several tries to get it to connect and sync with my computer. MANY more tries than the browser. It gets interrupted or disconnected at various stages in the process. Eventually I get lucky and it syncs right up.

PocketMirror does this RARELY, but it has happened a couple of times.

Has anybody else had this problem? This doesn't seem to be 1.4.0 specific, since I had the browser problem before the update (not this bad, though). It fixed temporarily with the update, but now it's back and worse. What's going on?
    Just to add to the list of symptoms, streaming Pandora over the WiFi connection works just fine. Go figure.
    You're luckier than me, then. I'm not able to use wifi at all, as it corrupts packets. I usually see parts of the webpage's html code, and when downloading, I always get corrupted files.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braindeadracefan View Post
    Just to add to the list of symptoms, streaming Pandora over the WiFi connection works just fine. Go figure.
    I have the exact same problem as you, up to the wifi working perfectly for some apps and intermittently for others. Started when I got a refurb. I guess I should try to get another one. Trying to decide if I'm going to attempt to explain to Sprint or Palm to get another one, as I don't think this is a software issue.
    Well, My Tether is the cause of my problem
  13.    #13  
    I don't have MyTether. Actually, I full secure erased my phone, doctored it (twice), and have since installed nothing that isn't from the palm app catalog, and I'm STILL having the problem. My husband's stock pre is doing the same as well. It never says it's disconnected; it's just flaky when using it. It's not the signal strength, either, since the router is a room away and the phone says it has a strong signal from it. I don't know what's going on, but unless someone has a great idea, I've given up trying to figure it out for now.
  14.    #14  
    And just to make things even more confusing, after doing NOTHING to either my Pre or my home network, it's working FINE. All of my previously mentioned symptoms are gone. I've been checking the wifi about once or twice a day, just to see, using the browser and hotsyncing Classic, since those two have the most frequent and reproduceable problems. Tonight, it all works. It didn't yesterday.

I'm baffled. I haven't even installed or uninstalled anything.
  15.    #15  
    I am so freaking confused. I doctor, and leave everything stock, and the wifi crap persists. So I figure it's just a bug. 5 days later, the wifi starts working perfectly, with no changes to anything.

So I decide to experiment. 4 days after the wifi magically fixed itself, I load Preware and package manager onto the phone via WOSQI. I DO NOT open them. 12 hours later, the wifi craps itself again. Takes about 2 hours to go from annoying to unusable. I uninstall Preware and package manager via WOSQI and reboot the phone.

2 hours later, the wifi starts to get better. Over a couple hours, it goes from unusable to minorly annoying. It's almost normal now.

What gives? How does an unrelated process, that has never been run, break the wifi? And why does it take a few hours for the bugs to completely assert themselves, and then to go away after removing the program? Help please, because I really love Preware.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    same problems for me. the night i installed 1.4 is when my wifi stopped working. It was working minutes before I updated - i used wifi to download the update! then after the install, i tried a browser to check out the new functionality, and it wouldn't load a page until I took wifi off. I noticed that occassionally wifi will work, but it craps out too often for me to keep it on, so since 1.4 I have kept wifi off. It drains my battery faster, things load slower. Its like a major feature no longer works. I have talked with Palm Chat Support several times, and the only answer is to Dr. it. Everyone i've read about with this problem that has Dr'ed theirs has not fixed the problem - it has to be something that needs to be fixed by the Developers in future releases. I'm at a loss of what to do.
    yup. It still happens to me too. I'm pretty much sure that it's not Preware or package manager service. Palm kept telling me to doctor, which I did and they also sent me a replacement phone. But, the wifi stills shuts off on it's own. It's very annoying because it logs me off aim (one of the features I love on the phone) and then I have to turn the screen back on to reconnect. I turn all the settings on. But when I'm streaming music through Wifi, it doesn't go off. Basically, some days it stays on, some days it doesn't. It's very annoying.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    my wifi stop working after the 1.3.1, now i need to be right on top of the AP to get it, if I take a few steps away I lose the connection again.

This really bothering me, everything else on my phone is super, this is my only problem.
    I can connect to the internet via wifi just fine but the my problem is that the Pre is just slow. When I connect my pre through comcast cable high speed internet via wifi & it loads slowly like normal.

When I use mobile hotspot to give my friends iphone internet from my pre, his safari browser is blazing fast.

I am really getting tired of the Pre, sprint network is great but the pre is just slow all around. The only thing that happens fast on the pre is switching apps. I know I went off topic but the speed really gets me mad. Have you ever tried to show off your pre & a app takes forever to load?
    I just had to replace my Pre for another issue and the new phone has the wifi problem. I get a strong signal right next to the router but if I step away the signal drops to nothing. My old phone (with 1.4.1, Preware, PSM, Patches) did not do this. I could walk outside and still get a good signal. I guess I will try to replace it again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast