Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    What type of WiFi connection are you using?

I'm using WPA2 personal at home with AES and I have never experienced any problem. At work, I think the connection is WPA2 with TKIP. I have never experienced any difficulty at work either.

I have seen posts here noting poor WiFi quality or inability to connect but the connection always seems to have been WEP.
    I'm using WPA2. I haven't changed anything with my AP. The WIFI connection on my last Pre was great. The replacement Pre won't keep a connection unless I'm in the same room as the router. I replaced the last Pre because I couldn't make phone calls. The funny thing is I don't even use the phone that much. I mostly use the EV or WIFI. I wish I could get my old one back. :-(
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Have you run the built in tests? If the WiFi fails, I expect Sprint would replace the phone.
    I ran the Quick Test and it returned a Code 25 for Wi-Fi. I guess this just means it can't connect to the network. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the wifi antenna. I took the back of the phone and looked at the gold strips around the edges of the phone and they all look pretty scuffed up. I'm not sure how that could have happened or if it would affect the reception or not.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    If the WiFi doesn't work, I would take the phone back. It should work and it should work well and consistently.
    I get the wifi issue once in a while,however i'm on my first pre since launch,
    there is no way i'm sending my baby back to end up stung with someone's abused pre.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    The thing that confuses me is the cause of the WIFI problems. On one hand you have owners that are saying their WIFI broke after 1.4 was released. I've read that some think Palm reduce the radio strength to save battery. On the other hand you have owners that are saying their WIFI never worked or works intermittently. This seems to point more to a hardware issue. In my case I had a phone running 1.4 that never had WIFI issues and now I have one with 1.4 that has issues.

I can live with some software and hardware issues but working WIFI is kind of a basic necessity for me. I don't have good EV reception at my home so I really rely on WIFI.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    My wifi stopped connecting recently, or would sometimes connect but not work. This was on multiple unsecure networks, so it was not a router issue. I realized that this all started when I began using bluetooth, since before I had always had bluetooth turned off. I just turned off bluetooth and wifi immediately connected and has been working great since. I even turned bluetooth back on and wifi continues working. Complete phone reboots beforehand did nothing, so I have no idea why letting it connect with bluetooth off made it work again. Figured some may want to try this and see if it helps.
    I went to the local Sprint Service Center for my Pre's WIFI issues. The rep didn't believe me so she tied to connect to their network. We were standing right next to the router and she couldn't get it to keep a connection. I'm now waiting for another replacement. What are the chances of getting a problem free refurb?!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iam4pack View Post
    I went to the local Sprint Service Center for my Pre's WIFI issues. The rep didn't believe me so she tied to connect to their network. We were standing right next to the router and she couldn't get it to keep a connection. I'm now waiting for another replacement. What are the chances of getting a problem free refurb?!
    Quite good, actually. When I bought my first Pre in August last year, the CCD in the camera was flawed. Took it back the first week and got a refurb that was excellent. My refurb tanked in December when the touch screen went bad, but I have been generally happy with the Pre and the refurbs seem to be well tested.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12