Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Having the same issue. :/
    how do you change the time zone in the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    how do you change the time zone in the Pre?
    go to the date & time app and take it off network time zone to select your own time zone.
    +1. All calendar entries shifted 1 hour forward, even the facebook cal. Time display is correct everywhere tho..
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    all of my appts in my calendar were already shifted ahead when i looked on thursday... so this was a pre-dst issue... only it affected the after dst appts and not the ones before

then when i went in pref's to change all of my series appts, it wouldnt let me... i had to drag them to change them
    The clock at the top of the screen was an hour off Sunday morning. After more than one reset not working, I realized that i need to turn off wi-fi and use the cellular data connection, then power off the phone for about 4 minutes, turned it back on and then it was all set.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    In further exploring this phenomenon, it appears that if I change a recurring event time that is one hour ahead - it correctly fixes it for april and beyond. For the rest of march, I had to edit each 'occurance' as the series edit didnt work. Stranger yet is that some recurring appts are correct.
    My calendar jumped 6hrs. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomata182 View Post
    My calendar jumped 6hrs. Any suggestions?
    Are you, your device, and calendar all on the same time zone?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This happened to me today. All of my appointments from my google calendar were shifted back one hour. I was supposed to teach a class @ 9 & my calendar said 10... Needless to say my boss aint happy!!! I've done a reset of the time zone & my system time is fine today where it was off an hour ot two sometimes yesterday. Checking my valendar for the next couple days & it looks like it was just today that was affected. Boy this is disappointing. I'd like to know if it's a goodle or Palm thing. I've had nothin bit problems w/ 1.4 so far (battery sucks, memory issues constantly, can't go into airplane mode at all, apps stay open after minimizing) I'm actually thinking of dctoring back to 1.3.5.1 or whatever was before this craptastic 1.4. I'm generally not a basher of Palm, love Palm in fact but now it's affecting my life, & that aint cool. Are they working on all the bug fixes for 1.4?
    treo600 - 650 - 755p - Palm Pre!!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The time on my phone is fine, but all of the calendar entries are one hour ahead until the fall. Then they are back to normal.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am having the SAME problem... didn't see this thread and started my own
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-changed.html
    My time on the phone is fine and it wasn't till today that it got messed up! Sunday all my times were correct but then today everything is back one hour (9 instead of 8). I have checked my Pre time it show the correct timezone so i checked my google calendar (default - since palm profile screwed up) and that also shows correct timezone but even when checked on my computer all the events are back an hour, 9 instead of 8 for example.

Also as I said in my thread that even when I try to correct the time it stays the same! I am in EST and it acts like I am in the time zone to the east (1 hour ahead of me)?

Any Ideas Yet?
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I changed my time zone in Google calendar from
    GMT -5:00 Eastern Time to
    GMT -5:00 Lima
    Seems to have made my times right on Google Calendar Online but my Pre is still displaying the time one hour behind. Going to restart my Pre and see if that makes any difference!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    This is why you move to Arizona so you don't have to deal with any of this savings time hogwash. I never have to worry about clocks, just about the time difference of sports on tv.
    All of my Palm calendar recurring appointments are an hour late. Not a horrible fix if I can change series, but the random non-recurring appointments will be a pain. It seems to only affect the entries made prior to either WebOS 1.4 or DST. Any fix, please include me in the distribution list.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I sure hope they get this fixed. I would have thought they would have taken care of it after the same issue happened in the fall.
    I would like to hear from some customers who are having problems with their calendar data post DST.

Please send me a private message in regards to the issue. I would like to follow up on the issue and possibly collect some log files from the device.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I too am having the problem with my Pre calendar where all my appointments shifted 1 hour later, recurring and non-recurring. The exact same thing is happening to my wifes Pre. Needless to say, this created some issues before we realized it. Now we just write everything down. We do not use google or exchange, our appts are solely on the Pre.
    To take the whole thing one step further, I was in Nevada last week (I live in Florida) and I had entered some appointments in my calendar while I was there. When I got home to Florida the appointments had all shifted by 3 hours to account for the time change. So if I entered something for 10:00am while in nevada, it showed up in my calendar, when I arrived back in florida, as 7:00am even though it still should have been 10:00am.
    Should the clock have anything to do with the calendar other than the notifications? Whatever link there is causing this issue, it needs to be fixed because this is a deal breaker. I have way too many appointments to go in and change every single one. Web OS 1.4.1.1 did nothing to fix this problem. I have tried changing the time zones and everything else I have read on the Precentral forums about this issue. Anyone have any fixes for this or could someone make a patch to fix this please?
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickoffshore View Post
    I too am having the problem with my Pre calendar where all my appointments shifted 1 hour later, recurring and non-recurring. The exact same thing is happening to my wifes Pre. Needless to say, this created some issues before we realized it. Now we just write everything down. We do not use google or exchange, our appts are solely on the Pre.
    To take the whole thing one step further, I was in Nevada last week (I live in Florida) and I had entered some appointments in my calendar while I was there. When I got home to Florida the appointments had all shifted by 3 hours to account for the time change. So if I entered something for 10:00am while in nevada, it showed up in my calendar, when I arrived back in florida, as 7:00am even though it still should have been 10:00am.
    Should the clock have anything to do with the calendar other than the notifications? Whatever link there is causing this issue, it needs to be fixed because this is a deal breaker. I have way too many appointments to go in and change every single one. Web OS 1.4.1.1 did nothing to fix this problem. I have tried changing the time zones and everything else I have read on the Precentral forums about this issue. Anyone have any fixes for this or could someone make a patch to fix this please?
    this timezone problem is because Pre Calendar mimics Outlook behaviour. Happens in Windows Mobile devices with home & visiting timezone. Check the Treo's threads on how to mitigate this. Hint: enter the appointment for 10 am florida as 7 am nevada.
    Seems this issue has reared it's ugly head on all 4 of my Palm Pre Plus v.1.4.5
    But all my appointments are now an Hour earlier. I was hoping by coming here for a solution. I already did the reset, and made sure of the time zone.
    I've left the phone off for 4hours, turned on Airplain mode and turned it off, I've made sure that all my clock settings are correct, and even attempted to sync with no success.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast