Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. pamnsla's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #1  
    Should I change the time or will the Pre do it by itself like the computers do? I had a phone once that changed all by itself. I'm not sure how to set my alarm.


    Who Dat?!?!?!?!
  2. #2  
    The time change should be automatic just like your cable box. Your phone gets it signal from the sprint network that adjust for different time zones as you travel and DLST. I live in Hawaii so I don't have to worry about that.
  3. rogerv.88's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #3  
    has anyone else had the problem where if you receive a text msg it shows on the timestamp as it was received, say at 1am where in reality it shouldn't even show a timestamp and say it was received at the correct time, in this case 3am?
    am I making sense?
  4. #4  
    too much thinking, get with the now time not the before time bro
  5. #5  
    Okay, this is weird... Did anyone else's phone jump 2 hours? Or am I going crazy?
  6. #6  
    lets guess how many threadswill be created with the words daylight savings time,,,2 or 3 already.
  7. bog3nator's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Okay, this is weird... Did anyone else's phone jump 2 hours? Or am I going crazy?

    mine did as well. just restart your phone and it will be fixed
  8. jrtesq's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
    mine did as well. just restart your phone and it will be fixed
    happened to me too. restart did not solve it.

    UPDATE: I reset my phone again. Now I'm an hour behind.

    UPDATE2: Looks third reset was a charm.
    Last edited by jrtesq; 03/14/2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: updatez
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
  9. #9  
    I'm on Verizon, and mine set automatically. No restart required.
  10. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Okay, this is weird... Did anyone else's phone jump 2 hours? Or am I going crazy?
    My Pre had the correct time this morning, but the gf's Pixi jumped ahead 2 hours. She got up and thought she was going to be late for work. Restarted it and it now shows the correct time.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    My Pre had the correct time this morning, but the gf's Pixi jumped ahead 2 hours. She got up and thought she was going to be late for work. Restarted it and it now shows the correct time.

    haha- I actually used the alarm on my phone this morning, and was half way through getting ready before I realized it was actually an hour earlier. I blame Palm for my one less hour of sleep last night
  12. rweiss's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #12  
    Mine made the DST change just fine, but all of my appointments were suddenly 1 hour later. I found that my time zone had been reset to Eastern rather than Central. Glad it was an easy fix, but have no idea why this changed by itself.
  13. #13  
    I use my Pre on the touchstone as an alarm clock. It said 9:32am, it didn't feel right, so I unlocked it. It then jumped to 10:32am, and completely skipped my 10:30am alarm. It's actually 9:44am right now....
  14. #14  
    What year is it?
  15. #15  
    mine did not make a smooth transition either, it jumped 2 hours ahead. I had to change the setting and manually tell it what time zone I'm in, and now it's ok.
  16. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #16  
    Mine jumped 2 hours as well. Never happened on my older phones incorrectly.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    lets guess how many threadswill be created with the words daylight savings time,,,2 or 3 already.
    the answer is too many
  18. #18  
    I am actually having a very odd issue with the DST change over. It appears that the Date/Time app is showing the time just fine. The "lock screen" clock shows it fine as well as the clock that shows when I have my Pre on my Touchstone. Even the calendar appears to be fine. My only issue is that the small clock that shows at the top of my Pre during normal usage (the one in the top middle between the Network Name and the phones bar strength/battery icons) is till showing the old time (one hour behind now).

    Phone is up-to-date and I have tried both powering the Pre off and back on, removing the battery for awhile, as well as toggling the Date/Time options on and off for "Network Time" and "Network time zone". None of this resolves the issue and technical support via *2 wasn't any help either as all they could tell me was to do things I already had done (remove the battery for awhile then put it back in and turn the Pre back on).
  19. #19  
    Mine jumped two hours ahead.

    Thanks Palm.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwang View Post
    I am actually having a very odd issue with the DST change over. It appears that the Date/Time app is showing the time just fine. The "lock screen" clock shows it fine as well as the clock that shows when I have my Pre on my Touchstone. Even the calendar appears to be fine. My only issue is that the small clock that shows at the top of my Pre during normal usage (the one in the top middle between the Network Name and the phones bar strength/battery icons) is till showing the old time (one hour behind now).

    Phone is up-to-date and I have tried both powering the Pre off and back on, removing the battery for awhile, as well as toggling the Date/Time options on and off for "Network Time" and "Network time zone". None of this resolves the issue and technical support via *2 wasn't any help either as all they could tell me was to do things I already had done (remove the battery for awhile then put it back in and turn the Pre back on).
    I am having this exact issue. Time is correct in settings, touchstone, messaging, etc but is wrong up top. Wait it just became correct as I typed this. Weird
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions