1.    #1  
    A new issue has developed for me that I can't find a solution for in the forums.

This morning, everything was fine with my Pre. Currently running Preware with a few patches like Bypass PIN. I set about a windy and miserably raining Saturday not touching the phone. No incoming calls, no use of the phone whatsoever.

It now refuses to unfreeze the screen from the screen lock. Pressing the power button has no effect, no buttons, nothing.

I'm aware that my solution will be to Doctor it. I'm not asking how to fix it. Does anyone have an idea how this happened??
    pull battery first and wait 5 mins.
    instead of doctoring i would recommend a battery pull to try and at least get it to boot but as for why i cant be of any help there
    its a like a pc. They have hiccups sometimes. See if it does it again before you try doc. Batt. Pull.
    put it in the microwave for 30 seconds on medium high.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    put it in the microwave for 30 seconds on medium high.
    well thats definitely helpful advice
    I'm sorry... I couldn't resist. (i was laughing @ the OP's stress.. ) I mean, it's not funny, but, you know... Ok. I'll shutup and move along now. :-)
  8.    #8  
    Ok, so the microwave didn't work...now my Pre has another issue...lol.

The battery pull seemed to have worked with a very generous 10 minute period without a battery in the phone.

Thanks for the advice to pull the power before doctoring.