1.    #1  
    i did a full erase on my pre. after i got the phone up and runing i put it in dev mode and then from my pc i opened up web os quick install and the installed preware back on to my pre. but now when it comes up the patchs section and applications section is grayed out. i notice that i was runing on preware v0.9.30 is that the problem?? what do i do?
    update preware that is a way outdated version
    start over remove preware and start over
  4.    #4  
    i did that about 4 times and im still getting the same thing. i dont know what to do
    you need the up to date quickinstall (version 3.02) then install preware and make sure its up to date
  6.    #6  
    ok how do i go about updating quick install
    delete the one you have installed and download the new one
  8.    #8  
    it worked thank you
    no need to post thanks thats what the buttons for
  10.    #10  
    well give me a break this is my first time doing this
    no it was purely for future reference
  12.    #12  
    ok. well i have one more question. the patchs that i installed witch is the virtual kybord,5x5 icons v1 and landscape for messaging. and when i go to camera to take a pic it would flash but the picture wont come up it shows a big X in the picture gallery i think its caused buy one of the patchs what do i do?
    doubt it is caused by one of the patches they are thoroughly tested but i would try a restart first before i unistalled anything
  14.    #14  
    its still happened after the restart i dont know what it can be..it was just working
    that sounds like a different issue so i would try making a new post about it and hoping someone else has had the issue and managed to fix it