1.    #1  
    so if I have an app maximized and the slider UP I cannot hit the button to "minimize" it unless I close the slider it just keeps showing the music volume indicator at the bottom, also does this at random sometimes and just sits here and toggles itself

anyone else getting this? started after 1.4 immediately, never had a problem before, it's REALLY REALLY annoying but doesn't stop me from doing anything on the phone

should I doctor? is it a patch? whats up....

please help
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. However, the screen will go black, nothing is responding, none of the buttons are responsive, the screen goes black for 30-60 seconds, then it reboots. Don't waste your time Doctoring it as I doctored my Pre and it still having the same issue. Not sure if Palm is aware of this.

I posted this issue last week and no one responded. Frustrating.
  3.    #3  
    I've mentioned it a few times in 'Issue' threads and go no response, but I did see that others were having the same issue as well. thanks for the tip, doctoring won't help I guess.

I'm guessing maybe it's a patch somehow conflicting? so I removed my camera capture with volume keys and any keys patches and it didn't help... *(they weren't working anyways)

this ... sucks... mine occassionally does go black like you say and it's crashed a few times too since 1.4 but not sure if that's related?
    I'm getting this too. I'm not sure if it's software because it toggles between my headphone volume and speaker volume. I'm not sure if the headphone toggle hardware is switching on and off or something. It only happens occasionally so I want to bring it into the Sprint store but I don't want to be like... yeah, this happens... sometimes.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    It also happens when I'm connected to a Bluetooth FM Transmitter. Seems to happen only when I stream music.
    its a hardware issue guys...anyways there's multiple threads on this...search...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Please do a search next time. Search is your friend. Multiple threads on this issue.

It's a bug that WebOS 1.4 brought to the forefront. Whether it's a hw or sw issue has yet to be confirmed but doing a WebDr will not fix this bug.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    it's happening to me too, but yes it's been covered in other threads....only thing I can add though is for the people who have it, we hate hearing it's hardware(it would have popped up earlier and not so many at once) and the " well mine works great, must be somthing you did"...not helpful. I'm taking mine back to sprint monday
  9.    #9  
    the search on this site, SUCKS, I search everytime it's not an easily named issue so don't give me that crap....

if 1.4 brought a hardware issue to light ok, but i NEVER saw this before 1.4 so you're not going to convince me it's purely hardware. NOT ONCE did this happen pre 1.4, and now it happens ALL THE FRICKEN TIME...
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    the search on this site, SUCKS, I search everytime it's not an easily named issue so don't give me that crap....

if 1.4 brought a hardware issue to light ok, but i NEVER saw this before 1.4 so you're not going to convince me it's purely hardware. NOT ONCE did this happen pre 1.4, and now it happens ALL THE FRICKEN TIME...
    1st of all...calm down or no one is going to help you with the issue...second of all 1.4, palm added code that enable the volume icon to pop up whenever it switches from handset to speaker and vice versa...so if you have a problem with the headeset like all have had with there first badge of pre's like I did...i had this problem and I decided to go to sprint tech...they couldn't fix it so they sent me a refurb...and ever since the refurb I haven't had this problem since...so IT IS hardware
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

12.    #12  
    I said you're not going to convince me it's purely hardware, which it isn't so I got it, this is my second one but I got it so soon after they came out it's probably not even a refurb anyways.

I do use the headset that shorts out a lot too but I didn't know if it was my crappy FM Transmitter in my car or the actual headset jack.

guess I need a new phone.

for the record, I randomly type in CAPS all the time, doesn't mean I'm angry, I've been involved in phone message boards since Nextel days back in 2002 ish. I'm sure there's some people here who might know me.... Darth Pooh for one...
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    I said you're not going to convince me it's purely hardware, which it isn't so I got it, this is my second one but I got it so soon after they came out it's probably not even a refurb anyways.

I do use the headset that shorts out a lot too but I didn't know if it was my crappy FM Transmitter in my car or the actual headset jack.

guess I need a new phone.

for the record, I randomly type in CAPS all the time, doesn't mean I'm angry, I've been involved in phone message boards since Nextel days back in 2002 ish. I'm sure there's some people here who might know me.... Darth Pooh for one...
    I'm not here to convince you its not hardware..just letting you know what happened to me and my opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!