1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I guess I had hoped for better things with the new 1.4 update. And I am becoming increasing more disappointed with the overall product. For those of you that love your Pre I can understand why for the most part. I just thought some of the obvious things would have worked from the release of the phone. Even though Palm makes changes not all of them are for the best. With every update they change things that don't need to be change or make thing worse. I would expect that when it says the speed of apps will increase (1.4) that that will actually happen. The little flashing icons that pops up for any app that starts seems to be nothing more than a delay and my apps open slower. I work with 3 people that have the Pre and all of us agree that the phone is slower.

What prompts Palm to make silly changes like the camera icon? I think this one looks like an old style camera not the more modern style they used to have. Maybe they should have spent some time making the camera actually be able to zoom just like my old Centro can do. Not to mention the fact that the phone should have had video from the start.

One change they made with the email preferences was in regard to the notification option. It used to have the ability to show the icon and/or sound an alert when you got an email. This feature was great, as you could choose if you want to just show an icon or just hear the alert or both. The preference for the messaging feature only allowed you to have the notifications on or off. Well now the email options are the same as the messaging....why why why did they change this? I liked the notification option that the email app had. It's these kind of changes that make me mad. In addition, why the heck don't they give you an option to assign a text message alert for each contact....they allow you to do that for phone calls....hmmm, another obvious thing (to me) that Palm missed.

Last complaint FOR NOW. Why are the phone dialer apps so much better than the one Palm gives you with the phone? They made an improvement and I do like the change, but I still like to use the "Quick Contacts" app as my dialer.

For all of you that download patches and utilize all the homebrew stuff I now understand why you do it. The phone is not as big of a deal as it was to me on June 6, 2009. Palm should make there OS better from the start. I would be embarrassed to work for them at this time.

Thanks to those that read this long thread. I hope there are some that have some positive input and can help be become for positive about my Pre, as I do plan to stick it out. I am sure there will be some bashing of this thread, but be prepared to give me something positive about this flaky, slow, clucky, "restartable" device.
    I too have become very irritated!!!!!! I can't even send a mp3 file via text msg!! I can't bluetooth anything worth bluetoothing..it takes almost 30 mins to upload a 5min video to facebook,which drains the battery like crazy.i lost some videos, edited videos play when they want to. And I am tired of rebooting the phone which takes 3 to 5 mins..i have promoted this phone and webos tremendously! To everyone everywhere but all the slowness is just in the way of enjoyment...yeah we can multi task but it's slow motion at times..can we get an app like battery monitor to monitor the ram usage?? And another thing...going down the list of NEW POSTS they all are either negative or something is wrong or not functioning..i am going to stick it out with palm tho...i know for sure til c40 comes!! I just needed to vent n this was the post for me to do it...lol don't tell my wife I posted this,all she hears me doin is talkin good things about our phones..she has a pre also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I too have become very irritated!!!!!! I can't even send a mp3 file via text msg!! I can't bluetooth anything worth bluetoothing..it takes almost 30 mins to upload a 5min video to facebook,which drains the battery like crazy.i lost some videos, edited videos play when they want to. And I am tired of rebooting the phone which takes 3 to 5 mins..i have promoted this phone and webos tremendously! To everyone everywhere but all the slowness is just in the way of enjoyment...yeah we can multi task but it's slow motion at times..can we get an app like battery monitor to monitor the ram usage?? And another thing...going down the list of NEW POSTS they all are either negative or something is wrong or not functioning..i am going to stick it out with palm tho...i know for sure til c40 comes!! I just needed to vent n this was the post for me to do it...lol don't tell my wife I posted this,all she hears me doin is talkin good things about our phones..she has a pre also.

Not negative for me. I have used Palm phones for years because they are great business phones. They are not, and never probably will be, made with the priority to upload five minute videos to Facebook, or text message a multi-gigabyte media file to someone. That certainly isn't what I wanted in a phone, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere. The phone is certainly missing some things, like voice dial and a good calendar, but it multitasks, works great with my three email accounts, and I'm pretty happy with it. Sounds to me like you have the wrong phone for what your needs are.
    please take all the Bitc**** some where else.
  5.    #5  
    A Bulls Fan From California? Come on...In that case the Bitc**** will continue.
    I can understand your rants, and I'm not going to toss you to the side about it, because it is your opinion and experiences. Its hard to please everyone, some people don't mind the standard alert for their notifications. I personally don't, because that's one less thing to worry about if I happen to replace my phone.

I sort of agree with the camera part, but its just a phone to capture moments, not a DSLR or something, therefore the feature set is going to be limited. I remember when Palm was hyping the camera with a "advanced depth-of-field", but there are no options. I was really looking forward to this, it would have made some cool photos.

In the end, nothing is really perfect, from many phones and manufacturers. It's a phone that is still in its infantry and I would like to say that Palm is working hard on their updates, but with mediocre news and update feeds about the progress of webOS, really leaves us in the dark and creates even more frustration.

At this point, I think you just need accept it and move on. Complaining about it and being frustrated will just lead to more dissapointment. There's things I miss on this phone too, but I've come across to accept it, and the phone works very well after that and I'm a happy person.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, its your life and phone, I'm just helping you see that the glass is half full...
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgtech View Post
    A Bulls Fan From California? Come on...In that case the Bitc**** will continue.
    you do know the name is cause I'm a jordan fan right? Just keep ur mouth shut.
  8. dirtaymcgirt
    i had the pre plus. switched 3 times because it kept messing up and freezing and stuff. finally returned it for good. i will get the iphone when it comes to verizon. i suggest u do the same. palm blows
    for how much one can understand ur recriminations and complaints, i really don't think u should ask for positive advices around, that won't change ur bad personal experience with the phone, isn't it?
    if not, then it means u already know that u like the phone enough to keep it even if u complain about it.
    it's not a finished product, i guess this we all know now, there is a lot of space for improvements, i had myself problems that are absurd even to tell about a mobile phone nowadays, but luckily it's a phone we can play a bit around and here it's full of interesting infos.

The only thing i can suggest, when we have to complain so much and continuously, is to write directly to Palm or contact them at their support services, cause complaining here won't really change the thing, don't u think? not that talking to Palm directly will be a sure change, but at least they get to know what u think, cause here i guess we're mostly pre users as u.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Not negative for me. I have used Palm phones for years because they are great business phones. They are not, and never probably will be, made with the priority to upload five minute videos to Facebook, or text message a multi-gigabyte media file to someone. That certainly isn't what I wanted in a phone, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere. The phone is certainly missing some things, like voice dial and a good calendar, but it multitasks, works great with my three email accounts, and I'm pretty happy with it. Sounds to me like you have the wrong phone for what your needs are.
    no..i have the right phone,because I was advertised that this is what the product would be able to do...why would they provide an option to send an mp3 file and than give error msgs?? It's 2010 this is where smartphones are headed.. So yeah I want my phone to be able to do everything that the competitive phones are able to do! And plus more!! I paid money for the phone for functions that are lacking. Like I said I love webos and the pre but something has to shake...im waitin on c40
    and palm isn't even advertising to the business people..they are advertising to the moms...regardless imma say what I want...jordan
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    zzzz