1.    #1  
    ok am I going crazy.... I could swear that if I started typing a name from the main screen, universal search would bring up the name and I could click it to go to contacts. This works in the phone app, but I could swear it used to work in universal search. Now it does not... it just takes me to google search etc... Tried rebooting, etc... Was this a feature before? If so, anyone else experiencing this and anyone know a fix. I have a standard Pre with no preware or patches with current 1.4 update.

Thanks all... Etu....
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've run into that issue a few times. Its a bug. you dont have to necessarily restart your phone, just get out of US and try it again
  3.    #3  
    I have tried and tried.... seems recent for me as I do not recall this problem before the last few days...
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i have lost the ability to search for my contacts' names using universal search as well. it can find apps just fine but no names. someone please help. i uninstalled all patches and did WebOSRepairUtility. Nothing works. I'm on firmware 1.4
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    fixed it, used webosdoctor to completely wipe my pre. lost everything but it was all backed up anyway with palm sync. works like a charm now.
    Same thing just happened to me, what did you use to backup EVERYTHING?
    try opening the contacts app and after that test universal search.
    Same here. Happened to me after 1.4.1 update. can search contacts in contact app and also in phone app but nothing come up in universal search. I will be really upset if Doctoring will be the only option. Any guesses?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I had same problem - looks like 1.4.1.1 fixed it!