Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hadn't really used video recording since the 1.4 release. In fact, me nor my wife had used it at all on our respective Pres. So the other day the wife tries to take a video of our baby. It seemed fine. When she was done recording she attempted to playback the video but it refused. It showed the first frame of the video and had an infinite loading symbol. It also incorrectly reported the length of the video. It was about 20 something seconds long, but the length is being reported as only a few seconds.

So I try one today with my phone. Open the camera... its just kind of a gray screen. So I close it and open it again. Seems to be fine. Switch to video mode and record about 30 seconds. Then I have the same symptoms. The video will not actually playback, and is also has a reported length of only 8 seconds!

So I copy the video to my computer. The length is still being reported as 8 seconds, but it plays the entire 30 seconds of video... with no sound!

It's nice to know that when they finally get recording on the phone I'm destined to be robbed of any precious moments I try to capture on video.

Edit: And for arguments sake, I have about 10 patches on my phone, and my wifes has zero.
    I haven't seemed to have these issues. Mine did play with out sound once while playing the vid on my phone but a restart fixed it.
  3.    #3  
    I restarted the phone and the video will play, however it only plays the first 8 seconds before stopping. (even though it plays the entire video on my PC) And still without sound.

Maybe the phone was stuck in headset mode while I was recording. Another wonderful "feature."
    I've had no problems with the recorder....and I have 70 patches....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Go into preferences and click the "take longer video of babies" setting. This is a feature not a bug to prevent new parents from taking too many videos of babies and inadvertantly filing up their drives and overloading the interwebtube things,,,
    ETUTREO300
    Yea, nothing wrong on my end either.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    What's weird is...

BOTH of your phones are like that. Coincidence?

I would have Sprint's technical people take a look.
    mine works fine.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I have the gray screen. Happened multiple times. Only a restart corrects it.
    Just to be sure: Both phones have been rebooted, new video recorded with the same results? Again, not a challenge. Just making certain.

Okay, moving into troubleshooting mode. Focusing on your phone first, the next step would be to remove any patches that might be involved. Then, remove every patch, restarting Luna in between, of course.

Other ideas: Remove anything Homebrew-y that could conceivably be mucking things up, like Precorder?

Failing that, Doctor your phone and test it before reinstalling any patches. If that fixes yours, then Doctor hers. Then reinstall your patches to make sure it still works.

And by this point, there's nothing left to do but bring them back. You've done all you can. BUT FIRST, erase anything patch-y and Homebrew-y from your phone. DO NOT give them any reason to blame you.

BTW, my videos play fine. Editing, too. I did hear of one Pre owner who's MMSed video wouldn't play on anyone else's device.
    I too had this problem yesterday...edited videos refused to play..my camera wouldn load...then I try loading a 5min video on facebook after a 20 min notification of video uploading it than fails!! Did nothin but heat my battery
    It's a little weird and I've been experiencing this with the video recorder and the youtube app. When launching, the screen is just grey and there's no icons. Until I restart my phone, I can use the app. I'm thinking of doctoring my pre, but I've set it up so much that I really don't want to...but I don't think I have a choice at this moment.
    I doctored my phone last week...nothin to do with the cam. I just decided to do it for a fresh start with 1.4 and I'm still seeing this problem..i have 21 patches and just a few apps
    My camera starts gray quite often. I just close the application and restart rather than rebooting the phone. Just as glitchy as a windows mobile phone at times.
    User error.
    Well I don't know if this will help anyone but I was having a lot of problems with 1.4 and I tried a visit to the webos doctor but it didn't help. Then I was reading through the forums here and saw a few people saying they had success doing a doctor to 1.2.1 then doctoring to 1.4 so I tried that and I am having ZERO problems now.
    40 patches and vids are great,,none of those issues.
    I doctored my pre today for "unrelated" reasons. No problems with video now or before.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    yes, after 1.2 the doctoring doesnt erase everything. If you doctor to 1.2, then update to 1.4 (or redoctor with 1.4), you have a fully erased phone.

Alternately, you can do a full erase, then doctor to 1.4....I think this would have the same effect.

I suggest you start there if you are having problems.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    When she was done recording she attempted to playback the video but it refused. It showed the first frame of the video and had an infinite loading symbol. It also incorrectly reported the length of the video. It was about 20 something seconds long, but the length is being reported as only a few seconds.
    Same thing happened to me tonight. Very frustrated. Recorded my son's percussion competition and although the size looks accurate, the time is off dramatically and I still haven't been able to play it back.

[EDIT]I just copied the entire 7:09 video on to my Mac and I only have :30 seconds of audio. Fail
    Last edited by Cooknn; 03/14/2010 at 01:21 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast