1.    #1  
    Hey All,

I'm trying to figure out how to transfer my palm profile contacts to my Google account. As far as I can tell, all the contacts that I added manually into my pre were added to the palm profile, not to my google account. The Pre is no longer activated. Can the Sprint store do this?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I don't think Sprint can do it unless they activate the phone and add your google mail to the phone, it should update then. But you could ask, I know they can pull your contacts off the phone, but not sure on the transfering to Google on their end.
  3.    #3  
    I guess just getting them to my new phone would be better than nothing! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    The contacts should still be on the device itself. You can use a patch in Preware that will let you send all of your contacts to email in the form of a csv file. You can then import that csv file to google. Since you aren't activated on Sprint anymore you'll need to use a wifi connection for sending of the email.
    what would that patches name be?
    what kind of new phone are you getting?
  7.    #7  
    HTC hero. I broke my pre, and we had an extra Hero at work.
    so you got a free phone?
  9.    #9  
    yep, but I have to spend alot of time on it for work!
    Not to hijack this thread i was about to ask something similar... my palm profile has more contracts then my google account does... what is best way to sync? "Send all contacts via Email" patch? in Preware?
  11.    #11  
    I tried the "send all contacts via email" patch, and am getting an error message. It's a long message, but basically says install failed. Do I need root access to apply this patch? I'm assuming this is the patch Boraware was referring to?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I did this:
    www .xybyresoft .com/webos/utils/

It's $7.00 but it worked in less than 5 minutes. Took longer to run the script to remove the palm contacts. But now that everything on my phone is defaulted to Google, I'm not tied to only get stuff from a Palm Profile that I have no access to unless I'm on my Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPan View Post
    I did this:
    www .xybyresoft .com/webos/utils/

It's $7.00 but it worked in less than 5 minutes. Took longer to run the script to remove the palm contacts. But now that everything on my phone is defaulted to Google, I'm not tied to only get stuff from a Palm Profile that I have no access to unless I'm on my Pre.

OK, I bought this software, and it's not working, keep getting error messages. Any more detailed directions anywhere?
    Related note: Sent the contacts through the patch to my laptop but there's nothing in the e-mail when I get it?
  15.    #15  
    Ok, I may have dug myself a deeper hole... I sent the developer of ExportPreContacts an email, and he wrote back, but in the meantime I had run WebOS doctor. I was thinking I could just log back in and get the contacts restored, but the phone isn't activated, so it won't let me log in (DUH!) I guess it's back to the store to see if they can do anything.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    There's a way around that too. I believe it's called Meta Doctor but I know nothing about it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    try gsyncit.com. This literally saved my life. Great little program.
    gsync is just google to outlook, what about pre to outlook or google
  19. BRM
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It wasn't fun, but I just did it manually. For the most part I had all my palm profile names in google already, but their email addresses. This is my first smartphone, so all I really had to do was just add the phone numbers to my google contacts. It also allowed me to clean out my google contacts. Not perfect for everyone, but I had about 80 contacts. It was an excuse to sit at the computer with a beer...just justify it some way.