Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Somebody please help.... trying to get this NOVACOMD thing off my phone...I downloaded the webOSquickInstall and got it running then when i try to attempt novacom reinstall it goes to a command prompt saying ServiceRemoved or something to that effect. Not sure what I did wrong, and would really like to unlock my phone for some of these cool features I've seen on this site. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could do please email me dsfirthca(at)hotmail(dot)com Thank you
    Unlock? im guessing you mean enable dev mode to let you use quickinstall well thats done via entering upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then selecting dev mode and turning it on
  3.    #3  
    No i know how to do that i've done that already....but for some reason my computer can't see my phone....i've tried to reinstall novacom and it won't let me for whatever reason....maybe i should completely get rid of the webOSQuickInstall and try it again?
    When it says service removed, that means its reinstalling Novacom. So, if you enable dev mod like 063 xobx said, then you should be fine. Make sure you connect your phone via USB to the computer. Go to WebOs Quick Install and click the blue arrow point down. Install Preware and package manager or just go to tweaks via the "tools" tab.
    For some reason, if that doesnt work, then you havent installed Novacom..Click on File in WebOs QI tab and then click on options and then attempt to reinstall Novacom...Cheers!
  6.    #6  
    ok thanks for the tips i'll try it out and let you know how it works out. hope this works
    It should work....
  8.    #8  
    error no device detected....tried it on the just charge...tried it on USB...maybe this doesn't work in Canada....trying this on Vista if that makes any difference
    I have vista...its not detecting your device. Which means you didnt install novacom or you didnt turn on dev mode. Pretty much, try explaining what you're done so far to us.
  10.    #10  
    ok so i did the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart...turned devmode on....restarted the device. D/L'd 3.02 webOSQuickInstall....installed the correct webDoctor...all this is in 1 file folder...webOSQuickInstall opens to the control panel.. I hit the blue down arrow...error msg comes up no device detected...my computer sees the device when i hit sync or USB, and I know it says to hit the only charge button...I've tried all (sync,USB,justcharge) and I've tried reinstalling novacomd....which I'm not sure if it works or not....I just get that window that says ControlServiceFailed.....Service Removed
    this is getting a little frustrating....but i appreciate the help.
    Thats weird...Did you restart your computer?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I would try uninstalling palm sdk and and download and install sdk again that should reinstall novacom
    And why do you need SDK?
    Remember to close QI after you've done a Novacomd install. Then reopen QI and, if your Pre is in dev mode and you've done the "just recharge" you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I believe the novacom come's from the sdk doen't it?
  16.    #16  
    ok yup not sure now. thanks all for the help...still stuck where i am...still can't find device almost ready to give up on this, don't know what sdk is, maybe there's a place in Calgary I can take my phone to and see if they can do it for me cause so far my luck's been bad.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The sdk is software development kit i checked my file's and it has the driver's for novacom in it if you go to palm.com down at the bottom you'll see developer link go there search for sdk follow download instruction's that should reload novacom it's worth a try anyway's
  18.    #18  
    ok thanks i'll try that and see if it works.....man i hope it works
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    You don't need the SDK. In other posts I have read that all you have to do to install Novacom is to open the webOSDoctor folder, go into the "resources" folder, and run the NovacomInstaller_x64.msi (or NovacomInstaller_x86.msi if your OS is 32bit).

I have the same problem, no device detected. I haven't had this problem in a while, but it's back. I tried restarting the NovacomD process and everything suggested here, nothing helped. thorne
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Fixed "device not found". In this order:

1. unplugged Pre from USB port.
    2. ran webosqi.
    3. selected Device Management which prompted to connect device.
    4. connected Pre to USB and pressed OK.

Viola ! webosqi sees Pre. Phew !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast