1.    #1  
    I just received my 3rd refurbished pre, and THIS one actually feels like new so I want to keep it... but I noticed that when trying to set the ringtones, CLICKING THE ICON TO DEMO THE RINGTONES DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. Anyone know how to fix this annoying problem? I can ASSIGN the ringtones without any problem and they play as they should, WHEN they should; just can't try them out before assigning them.

I tried resetting the phone, but no good. I upgraded to 1.4 after activating the phone, but I didn't notice if it was working before the upgrade.

Ideas would be appreciated.. thanks.
    make sure silent switch isn't on
  3.    #3  
    That's not the problem.. ringers work normally once set. When in the screen to "set" the ringers, the icon to the right allows you to demo the ringer... a progress bar should appear showing the ringer playing.. But, nothing happens on my Pre when I touch the icon.
    I am having the same problem on my wifes' PRE, previewing ringtones does not work, the "arrow" does not turn to a square when attempting sound preview. Anybody know if this a hardware, software, or settings problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by harehead View Post
    That's not the problem.. ringers work normally once set. When in the screen to "set" the ringers, the icon to the right allows you to demo the ringer... a progress bar should appear showing the ringer playing.. But, nothing happens on my Pre when I touch the icon.
    yes I understand it's the preview, but same thing happened to me and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't preview until I realised the ringer silent switch will silent previews and you have to make sure media volume is turned up, ie. Music player volume.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for replying draztikrhymez. I've double checked the volume controls and the ringer switch is turned on.. still nothing when I touch the preview icon. It's as if the icon isn't even there.. Unless I'm missing a ringer control somewhere, I don't know what else to check.
    ok, so I have 2 PRE's, if I do the following:
    Launcher-->Sounds and Ringtones --> (RingerSwitchOn) RingTone -->
    (on my PRE) I select any Ringtone, it plays - [with silent switch on or off]
    (on myWife's PRE) I select any Ringtone, it DOES NOT play - [with silent switch on or off]

If the phone is called, the ringer sound does play. Any ideas?
  8. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Palm mustve fudged this with the update. As usual we gained new things and lost others. Wish Palm would just get it right and code their updates correctly. This is beginning to be a bad joke and is nowhere near funny.
    Some SW configuration differances:
    1. PalmOS
    (on my PRE, which works)
    If I go to Launcher ---> Device Info ---> (Phone) version =Palm webOS 1.4.0
    (on my wifes PRE, which does not work)
    If I go to Launcher ---> Device Info ---> (Phone) version =Palm webOS 1.4.0
    [same PalmOS]

2. Device SW modules
    (on my PRE, which works)
    Launcher ---> Device Info ---> MoreInfo -->Software----> I get :
    Under BuiltINApps - Phone, Sounds an Ringtones Are v1.0
    Under BuiltINApps - Phone, Sounds an Ringtones Are v1.4

I loaded webOS 1.4~ 2 weeks ago on my phone, my wife got hers 3 days ago and it updated over the air.
    Ideas???
  10.    #10  
    - bob.oshiro -

2. Device SW modules
    (on my PRE, which works)
    Under BuiltINApps - Phone, Sounds an Ringtones Are v1.0
    Under BuiltINApps - Phone, Sounds an Ringtones Are v1.4
    mine is also v1.4.0 and does not work.
    Hmmm
    mine is 1.4 and not working either!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    a vivit to the doctor fixed this issue for me
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  13.    #13  
    Yeah.. same here. Just went to the WEBOS Doc and fixed all my problems. Thanks doc.
    The dr also fixed my problem! thx
    I had the same problem. I had the browser multi-patch (or whatever) installed, which was known to cause problems when 1.4 was first released. Even after uninstalling it, I was still unable to stream audio or preview ringtones, so I re-wiped and Doctored back to 1.4. This time all is good.

In another thread on here, the author of Dr., Podder (one of the very best apps for webOS) said a javascript file that provided backward compatibility for the media (?) API, was missing. I think he said Palm was investigating why this happened to some of us. Doctoring seems to resolve the issue.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    There's sometimes a glitch when people upgrade to 1.4, and that is that the upgrade deletes one of the media necessary files from the Pre. A doctor will restore this file.

This is probably what most of you are experiencing.