1.    #1  
    ESPN Mobile TV Launches on Sprint TV

Beginning today, ESPN Mobile TV will offer Sprint consumers unparalleled live sports programming and entertainment from ESPN via Sprint handheld devices.

ESPN Mobile TV coverage during March and April will feature more than 100 live events and over 250 hours of coverage for Sprint customers with this new agreement beginning just in time for fans to watch the Big 12 and Big East Conference Championship basketball games on Sprint mobile devices. Programming and live events through April include:

-- 23 Live Men's NCAA Basketball Games (including Conference Championship games)

-- 19 Live Women's NCAA Basketball Championship Games

-- 9 NBA Playoff Games

-- 15 Regular Season NBA Games

-- 30 Live NBA Fastbreak Shows

-- 10 Regular Season MLB Games

-- 50 Live Baseball Tonight Studio Shows

-- 3 College Football Spring games

-- 3 Live Friday Night Fights

-- 3 Live NCAA Hockey Championship Games

-- 5 Live MLS Matches

ESPN Mobile TV Launches on Sprint TV - MarketWatch
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    just read this article.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...49&newsLang=en

This is great news!!!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Just loaded the channel up under sprint tv and its very very "Choppy". I'm on wifi network and it streams fast and great but the picture is horrid. Anyone having better luck?
    Yea it's a bit choppy, but still better then not having it. Idk if it even utilizes Wifi, or only transmits over Sprint's network. I'm really really hoping they broadcast college gameday in the fall.
  5.    #5  
    I really hope this ESPN service will become as free, sometime
    Even though Sprint just lost their NFL contract to Verizon - They seem to have just landed an exclusive Contract with ESPN to bring a larger variety of content to Sprint phones

.marketwatch.com/story/espn-mobile-tv-launches-on-sprint-tv-2010-03-12?reflink=MW_news_stmp]ESPN Mobile TV Launches on Sprint TV - MarketWatch

Can't post links yet - just add the www in front of it
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    not trying to be rude but it's already a thread on this
    Is obtaining stuff like this really pushing people to activate with sprint? Maybe putting this money into adding more towers and improving reception would be a more efficient way to spend money. The number 1 complaint I hear about Sprint is the reception, yet you never how valuable the NFL/Nascar app is. The person pushing for these contracts should be terminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    Is obtaining stuff like this really pushing people to activate with sprint? Maybe putting this money into adding more towers and improving reception would be a more efficient way to spend money. The number 1 complaint I hear about Sprint is the reception, yet you never how valuable the NFL/Nascar app is. The person pushing for these contracts should be terminated.
    The problem is: the quality of Sprint TV is so bad it is almost unwatchable, I tried to watch ESPN today and I just closed the app, terrible quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    The problem is: the quality of Sprint TV is so bad it is almost unwatchable, I tried to watch ESPN today and I just closed the app, terrible quality.

Definitely agree. Kind of hard to watch anything on Sprint TV when you have spotty EVDO coverage. Personally I know of 10 people who envy my Sprint plan, but they choose not to port over merely because of the reception. They should be putting this money into beefing up their coverage and advertising about the steps they are taking to strength their national coverage.

How many months did it take for Dan to finally start advertising the $69.99 ED plan? Sprint finally started talking about this plan when the other carriers started having unlimited $69.99 unlimited talk plans. How much more effective would it have been for them to advertise this plan when every other carrier was still at $99 for just unlimited talk?

Cellular consumers cannot be won over by simple gimmicks like ESPN TV. The average consumer is becoming far more informed about the carriers than they had been in the past. Trying to sway them with a bit of glitter is a joke.
    I swore when I had the Sanyo M1, it was an ESPN Mobile channel already on Sprint.
    I would use this way more than the NFL app.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    Definitely agree. Kind of hard to watch anything on Sprint TV when you have spotty EVDO coverage. Personally I know of 10 people who envy my Sprint plan, but they choose not to port over merely because of the reception. They should be putting this money into beefing up their coverage and advertising about the steps they are taking to strength their national coverage.

How many months did it take for Dan to finally start advertising the $69.99 ED plan? Sprint finally started talking about this plan when the other carriers started having unlimited $69.99 unlimited talk plans. How much more effective would it have been for them to advertise this plan when every other carrier was still at $99 for just unlimited talk?

Cellular consumers cannot be won over by simple gimmicks like ESPN TV. The average consumer is becoming far more informed about the carriers than they had been in the past. Trying to sway them with a bit of glitter is a joke.
    signal is not the problem, I have the best 3G signal where I live the ESPN plays with no lag, the problem is the quality og the picture, very blurry and just flat out bad.
    You can't please everyone. I for one have been quite impressed with the streaming capabilities on sprint thus far. I'm not a sports fan but I did check out espn mobile for my boss at work and let me say for being in a large warehouse type building within a block walled room inside that building, I had decent quality without any interruption what so ever. But seriously people, it's tv on a cell phone, what are you expecting? And before i'm flamed with "back when I had a ____ phone" comments, let me just say if it was such a good streaming phone, then why did you give it up? If you got your phone to watch tv, maybe you should trade it in on a tv and satellite dish. If you simply want to cut the boredom down or catch a game on the go, be thankful you can do it at all.

Now, I checked espn's schedule for the ncaa tourney, and none of the games are even set to show on mobile...***?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    Now, I checked espn's schedule for the ncaa tourney, and none of the games are even set to show on mobile...***?
    Well, isn't that because CBS has the rights to most of the games?

Anyway, I personally used the live audio and live coverage of the NFL app way more than the live video.

While the ESPN Mobile TV is nice, I'd love more if we got an ESPN mobile app that basically was a webOS version of their "GameCenter" coverage, especially if it took advantage of notifications.
    I just assumed that since they were boasting 23 ncaa mens basketball games, and given the fact that the tournament started only days after the announcement, that 2 +2 = 4... CBS is listed on the schedule as showing them all, but none mobile for them either.