Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm coming over from a Motorola Droid that had wakeup issues for me. When I went to return the unit I decided to give the Pre a spin around the block and I liked WebOS very much.
    My only complaints are...I'm on my 3rd phone this week and battery life. However, I can make it through the day and my 3rd phone works like a champ.

1st Pre - Sever light bleed issues around the screen (whites would look yellow)
    2nd Pre - Stuck pixels that appeared blue no matter what
    3rd Pre - Good to go

I am researching battery options currently and hope to find good information in here. I'm currently considering a 1400mAh from one of the 3rd party manufacturers I've read about on here.

I really do like how Synergy ties everything together, the phone is very intuitive, and the keyboard feels good in my hands. Overall I'm very impressed and look forward to learning more.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    welcome. heres palm official battery guide. Search this forum for other battery tips too.

Palm Support : My battery drains quickly
    Welcome to Pre!
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    Welcome.. I have the 1400 battery and it lets you maintain the formfactor/touchstone back and gives you around 10-15% extra on the battery.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    welcome. heres palm official battery guide. Search this forum for other battery tips too.

Palm Support : My battery drains quickly
    I must say I thought I knew all the tricks in the book, on battery saving.
    I wasn't aware that EAS email used less battery and the truth about email as it arrives option!

I HIGHLY SUGGEST EVERYONE TAKE A LOOK AT THE LINK POSTED.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm a new Pre owner, too. Even though I started reading this forum several weeks before I got it, no doubt I'll be out of contract before I figure all of this out. Just installed my first Homebrew apps and a few tweaks today. Fun stuff!
    Welcome to the pre lifestyle. ENJOY!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the welcomes and links for advice. I had already read the battery article, good stuff in there.

I'm on my 3rd or 4th full charge cycle with this battery and it's doing better each day. Today I've been up for about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and it's down to 71% and has seen some pretty good usage.

Some people seem so conflicted on the 1400/1350mAh batteries. I wonder if it's bad QC, so some get good ones and others don't? I'll wait and see how well this stock battery does for me while I research a little.
    I've had good luck just doing the two things I did with my old 800w.....turning off wifi when not needed, and the same with GPS, as Palm suggests. I'm not as heavy a user as you are, apparently, I'm on Sprint's Everything Data 450 plan, if that tells you anything. Most of my calls are mobile to mobile or after 7pm anyway, so I'm not sure on that point. Either way, that saves me a bunch of battery. I use the GPS when I need to (yeah, it sucks waiting for a lock, but hey.....30 seconds waiting for a satellite and being on time sure beats having a dead battery and being an hour late), and I don't need wifi on every waking minute. Most of the time I'm not in a hotspot area anyway.

Aftermarket batteries........YMMV. I'd stick with Seido, just from past experience. They've been doing Palm batteries for quite awhile (I had one for my 650) so you'll have a better chance of good design, and I'd buy from a reputable shop. PreCentral sells them. Accessory button up top. I can vouch for their sales service, good stuff. Other brands/stores.......I'd be a little wary of a brand that gets 50mah more, but isn't a known brand. That little bit of power isn't going to get you a whole lot, and if it's a shoddy design, may actually be worse than a quality 1350mah.

Just my experience, there. Other than that, if you drive a lot, and keep going into low coverage areas, invest in a car charger. If I do drive somewhere I need GPS the whole way, like my first time driving two hours to a new doc's office, I plugged in the power. Couldn't really afford the phone to die just as I needed the detailed stuff.
  11. dirtaymcgirt
    i had teh pre plus. i just returned it for good after 3 devices. thing sucks bro
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtaymcgirt View Post
    i had teh pre plus. i just returned it for good after 3 devices. thing sucks bro
    What do you use now? Must be so much better than Pre+
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Good luck!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  14.    #14  
    Well I've gone 14 hours and it's been a big day. Lots of texting, phones calls, facebook, and such. I'm at 20% battery now and running 1.35.1 that the phone shipped with. I have only installed apps from the market and haven't installed patches or homebrew items. Wifi and Bluetooth have been off all day.

As for Mr. Happy pants I hope he's happy with whatever he has, I'm happy with my device and will continue to enjoy using it.
    you really should update to 1.4 as soon as you can
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Giggity
  17.    #17  
    Perhaps tonight after I put it on the charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Mr. Happy Pants.....lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Welcome!
    Just by finding your way to Precentral you are a step ahead.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    definitely update t 1.4, if you're not comfortable playing around with patches from this site or preware try turning off all the gps functions to improve batt life. making it through a day has been the norm for me after three yrs of having a smartphone so as long as i make it that long i'm good. i've used a droid for over a week as well as an eris so i've been where you are and i'll agree the pre is much better. the battery life does seem to improve the longer you have the phone, after a month my phone demonstrated much better batt longevity. the other tip i have is to change your email update inverval, if you can make it change from constant updating to around 15 min, that helps as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast