Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Started happening to me tonight. Something tells me it's on googles end.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    Started happening to me tonight. Something tells me it's on googles end.
    +1 same here
    My new pre plus is coming today. Can more people confirm that signing into your Google account allows Google maps to get a gps fix on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    To all:

I ended up making Maps work again. I logged into my Gmail account through the *browser* and it's been working fine since. It still takes 20 - 30 to actually load and show me a map, but that "fixed" the Maps app for me in general.

M.
    That worked for me except had to log out of Google then log back in. After that pulled up Google Maps on the website and now it works again. Thanx.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    I have a similar type of issue. I have palm webOS 1.4, and I try to load google maps, but the card just comes up flashing the icon, and not loading. I don't know why this happens, I have internet connection, but regardless of internet connection, shouldn't it load the a map, and pin-pot my location after that?

This happens with other icons too, that don't require internet connection. The icon shows up and it is trying to load, but nothing happens after 30 seconds to a 1 minute, and I just have to either try to load it again, or restart the phone.
  6.    #26  
    I get that with (of all things!) the phone app. Quite often, actually. The one thing a "phone" should be able to do flawlessly is be a phone! I just close it if it stares at me longer than 5 or so secinds. The second time it usually fires right up. Sigh...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12