1.    #1  
    Is there any 3rd party app or codec that allow the Pre to play other video format beside the Palm format?

I search the forum and the web, and it looks to me that the only video the Pre plays is video in the Palm format.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    I found a program, EncodeHD that has one click encode to iPhone format, which works on the Pre.

Hopefully there will be a code so I don't have to re-encode them.
    That's one of the few things that do bother me about the Pre right now; I don't want to re-encode, I want to just plop my DivX stuff on my Pre's USB and be done. I used to be able to do that using the Core player on WinMo. I'd pay up to 10 bucks for a webOS version of the Core player that I can just watch any codec with. Once I have it, I'd probably only use it once or twice (don't really have that many situations where I'd watch a movie on my phone) but it'd sure be great having the option.

I doubt that Palm are going to build codec support into their Video player soon as neither Pre nor Pixi were made to be mobile media players. But I'm hopeful that some sort of solution will arrive shortly, thanks to the PDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Winmo phones come with some very poor quality screens so I never bothered to look at videos on them. Winmo phones aren't made to be media players.
    So what does that have to do with the fact that I had an app on my Winmo phone that could play Divx and any other codec I threw at it whereas my Pre doesn't?

Pre was definitely not intended as a media player device by Palm; if it had been, you can bet some money on them putting better music and video solutions in it. They didn't because that's not the central purpose of the device (and platform). Unlike iPhone, webOS isn't a media player with apps and phone capability bolted on, it's a smartphone that can, among other things, act as a media player.

I still want a Video app that can play DivX out of the box. And I'm willing to pay hard Euros for it.
    I was just in the CorePlayer forums, looking to see if they will ever support WebOS. I found this in the general forum. This was from one of the Moderators, Beta Boy of Corecodec, when ask if CorePlayer 2 will support the old Palm OS. Here is his response. This is dated Feb 11, 2010:

"No we will not release CorePlayer 2.0 for older Palm OS's. We have debated this for a while now and feel that its best that we focus on the future with CorePlayer 2.0 for WebOS."

Coreplayer 2.0 is suppose to be released pretty soon from what I have read. They are also releasing for Android also, which is probably why there is a delay.

It is good to know that Coreplayer will be released for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I was just in the CorePlayer forums, looking to see if they will ever support WebOS. I found this in the general forum. This was from one of the Moderators, Beta Boy of Corecodec, when ask if CorePlayer 2 will support the old Palm OS. Here is his response. This is dated Feb 11, 2010:

"No we will not release CorePlayer 2.0 for older Palm OS's. We have debated this for a while now and feel that its best that we focus on the future with CorePlayer 2.0 for WebOS."

Coreplayer 2.0 is suppose to be released pretty soon from what I have read. They are also releasing for Android also, which is probably why there is a delay.

It is good to know that Coreplayer will be released for WebOS.
    If this is true, and webOS allows a 3rd party app to be assigned as the default player... It would be GREAT news!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    If kinoma ever releases an app for webos it would be an alternative also.
    I think ths one will work for the Pre. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...luxe-free.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation