Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Ok, I love my Pre, but I have never had so many "Too Many Cards" messages, slowdowns, and random restarts until 1.4. Has Palm given any official word on this? I know I'm not alone.
    I talked to someone from palm yesterday...they said they are aware and are working on patches...no time frame
    1.4 is working very well for me. I don't use any 3rd party crap or anything either though.
    1.4 has issue no matter if you have 3rd party stuff or not. Im sure the next update will hopefully correct the issue.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Do you really need Palm to formally appologize for issues? I'm sure they monitor this site and others like it, as well as finding things themselves. I agree, it seems like they pushed it out in February becasue they said they would, despite the fact that it wasn't 100%. That just means we'll be seeing the 1.4.1 update sometime in the near future. And who doesn't love updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    1.4 is working very well for me. I don't use any 3rd party crap or anything either though.
    So you don't use anything Palm didn't make? No apps from the app catalog? You do know that aside from the built in apps (Some of which are third party as well) and Facebook it's all third party right?
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Ok, I love my Pre, but I have never had so many "Too Many Cards" messages, slowdowns, and random restarts until 1.4. Has Palm given any official word on this? I know I'm not alone.
    I'm sure you aren't alone, but I used to get a lot of slowdowns and "too many card" messages, and that seems to have gone away with 1.4. So I'm a happy camper.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I'm sure you aren't alone, but I used to get a lot of slowdowns and "too many card" messages, and that seems to have gone away with 1.4. So I'm a happy camper.
    I've had a strange mixed bag regarding the too many card errors. I can now keep open NFS and several other apps, and have found myself with as many as 10 to 12 cards open without problems. But, sometimes I get the error with only 1 or 2 also.
    well i have a pre+ and i can have way more than 10-12 cards open. I also have a friend who has the original pre for sprint and he has had no problems with the "too many cards" bug. 1.4 has been good to us so far, no big issues here. Hopefully they get that bug fixed for you though.
    I was not having the "too many cards issue" with 1.4 until I recently decided to start patching again. I had stopped before because of the general slow down of responsiveness I noticed with my patches. However, after recently installing about Nine or Ten patches I started receiving the above stated issue a lot more. Not sure if it really is the patches causing the issue or if my phone just coincidentally starting having the issue at the same time, but maybe this information will help those with the problem.
    I don't know what bugs they've acknowledge/fixed or are fixing but on the palm dev forums, they indicated an update should be arriving in 2-3 wks.
    Ditto on the too many cards errors when I have nothing else open. Happens a lot in news web sites when all I have open is that site and I click on a link and can not open it. Happens particularly in google news more than anywhere else. Reboots help but it happens too often
    ETUTREO300
    I have bunches of patches, had all kinds of problems with 1.3.1, and 1.4 has been perfect. Faster, better battery life, no crashes. It may have issues, but not with me. I've never even doctored.
    search the forum for a user named HardBeatZ, he does support for Palm, and in several threads about 1.4 saying stuff like "issue is logged and being worked on."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    search the forum for a user named HardBeatZ, he does support for Palm, and in several threads about 1.4 saying stuff like "issue is logged and being worked on."
    Supposedly there is a Luna restart issue and incompatability with BMW BT but I'm not aware of any other "bugs" per se. I know I have had "too many cards" issues in the past; they were fixed by this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwpreplus2010 View Post
    well i have a pre+ and i can have way more than 10-12 cards open. I also have a friend who has the original pre for sprint and he has had no problems with the "too many cards" bug. 1.4 has been good to us so far, no big issues here. Hopefully they get that bug fixed for you though.
    That reminds me, I need to update my avatar.

Getting the message with 10-12 cards open is how it's supposed to happen. I'm cool with that. I AM NOT cool with it when I'm trying to open a link from an app or web page to another. If I close the one card that I am using, then I no longer have the ability to open the card that it's preventing me from opening. Further, the graphic shows three open cards with one being tossed off the screen. That SHOULD mean that I should have the ability to have at least three cards open at all times, no matter which applications they are. It also wouldn't be so infuriating if the system knew when there was only one card open and the Pre instead said something like this, "I'm sorry. I'm a terrible phone. I can't manage my the available memory for beans."

/rant
    i can't open more than 2 browser windows and youtube.
    the phone becomes a brick and soo slow that i have to wait
    also pages keep refreshing or won't load at all in the browser!

ive removed all those background apps like weather, but only minor improvments
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I rarely ever see any to many cards errors I'm running 1.4 & I am Prewared up - many patches and I run a theme... Just loaded NFS exited and then loaded Asphalt5 without issue
    I still have too many cards open (usually with intensive browser sites), but fewer now than prior to 1.4.

However, to the actual question that was posed, I'm sure Palm is aware there are problems, and I'm almost as sure that the only manner in which they are going to "offically acknowledge" them is when they offer an update that fixes the problems that they find.

Most of us here run an OS on a personal computer of one kind or another. When was the last time your OS publisher came out with an announcment of some kind that said "There is xxx issue we're working on with our OS"? I've never seen one, yet every Wednesday, my computer downloads the latest fixes from Microsoft. Just about every night, the servers I run (Linux) pull down updates to problems that were found. I'm sure Apple owners see the same thing.

My point is they're not likely to acknowledge them. As far as fixing them (which I'm sure is what we all really want), I've never seen any company release as many fixes and improvements in such a short amount of time for any phone.

Why would they suddenly stop doing so?
    The only problem I've had is random reboots roughly every other day after enabling cpu scaling. The drastic increase in battery life has made it worth it, however.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast