Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    if I leave browser with facebool.com, friendsfeed (facebook app) and my email open and leave the phone on table for 30 minutes.... Come back, refresh email and close app (all cards...), it is almost inevitiable that I will see the 'too many cards' or some sort of freezes.

whenever it happens... Browser on Facebook.com or Friendsfeed is involved as recently previously loaded.

I constantly reboot, @ least 2 to 3 times a day to avoid these issues (which don't happen much anymore) I've deleted friendsfeed app for the more favorable Palm Facebook app too.
    I have seen a slow down with 1.4, and get alot of too many cards open in my browser with only one window open. My Pre ran great with 1.3.5.1 just wanted video, 1.4 is a mess
    I am running Preware with 30+ patches and I have not seen the "too many cards" message nor do I have any issues with lag/slowness or Luna reboots.
    I've noticed the messaging protocol issues with 1.4 on Wifi, seems to disconnect AIM and Google Talk on a regular basis, and doesn't want to sign back in on it's own too frequently, you have to force it back on by signing off first... Other than a few other broken apps which have to be update (Music Player Remix, etc)...so far so good. Maybe the next update Palm can make it not take well into 3 minutes to boot? :-)
    It has worked so terribly for me that Im considering returning my Palm in the morning! All of my patches installed through Preware no longer work, my theme is gone, Preware itself wont even install correctly. And the slow down is rediculous! And "too many cards open"???? when was 4 cards too many cards???? with no way to "refuse" this update, My phone is going back for something else. I loved my Pre but this is bull****
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    1.4 is working very well for me. I don't use any 3rd party crap or anything either though.
    I have over 40 patches and phone works fine,,faster,more batt. Love it. Hope they don't mess it up on me,,and since update,,no to many cards,,that is a shocker for me.yes I have 3d games.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    1.4 is overall a better experience. For the record. I never said I get too many cards at 10-12. I said I find myself with that many open sometimes (without problems). And other times get it with just one. I have opened 30 cards before without the error. There is a memory leak somewhere.
    I feel there was a memory leak with 1.35 also...I could go with many cards but after the phone being up without a reboot for quite a few days, even trying to run NFS would result in "Sorry too many cards"...and rebooting is such a task :-(
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    So... you have Preware with who knows how many/which patches.. and themes.. and you're blaming the phone?

Have you Dr'd the phone back to original to see if the problem was YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieMacsPre View Post
    It has worked so terribly for me that Im considering returning my Palm in the morning! All of my patches installed through Preware no longer work, my theme is gone, Preware itself wont even install correctly. And the slow down is rediculous! And "too many cards open"???? when was 4 cards too many cards???? with no way to "refuse" this update, My phone is going back for something else. I loved my Pre but this is bull****
    Considering all the features they added, this really isn't THAT bad, there are scattered reports but it seems to be those that did not remove all patches/extras beforehand. The only issue I notice recurring is Wifi data issues, as I've posted in the 1.4 issues thread. I've turn off wifi, and now all AIM and Googletalk disconnects, Web "page not found" and Radiotime issues, are gone. I'll run on EVDO until Palm fixes this, we all should so Sprint gets ****ed off with higher data usage and puts Palm on the front burner...LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    1.4 is working very well for me. I don't use any 3rd party crap or anything either though.
    why did you spend the money to buy this phone then? i don't understand -- seems silly to me -- like having only microsoft programs on your computer -- not really using the potential of the device but it is yours to use as you will

i think that from what i have read in other threads palm has acnowledged problems -- the big one in my book is that 1.4 kills any program running in the background that runs for more then 10 sec or so.

supposed fix is forthcoming

rob
    I rarely get the too many cards open anymore after 1.4. Also, I never reboot. But I do get alot of sluggishness. If i'm about to get a text or email, I might as well wait a minute before I use my phone.
    Supposedly there is a Luna restart issue and incompatability with BMW BT but I'm not aware of any other "bugs" per se.
    What exactly is the difference between a "Luna restart" and any other restart?

My phone seems to hang and restart periodically but I'm not sure how to tell if it's Luna restarting.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    BMW BT? Can you tell me what that is?

Also, I've noticed the Luna restart twice now. It's much faster than a full reboot, that's how you can tell.
    I rarely get the too many cards open anymore after 1.4. Also, I never reboot. But I do get alot of sluggishness. If i'm about to get a text or email, I might as well wait a minute before I use my phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12