1.    #1  
    Alright guys. So I finally caved in, I'm planning on getting a Pre Plus tomorrow as part of my upgrade.

I've been using a Centro for a while now with no data plan and have been eying the Pre ever since it was announced.

So, few questions. What are some must have apps on the pre?

Also, to get the best battery life (This is the thing that almost made me go with getting a droid, seriously) what do I need to do? All I need it to do is last a day with the ability to send around 30 texts a day and some light use with the facebook app / web browsing.

Finally, if you link AIM to your phone through the texting app, is there a way to disconnect it when you don't wanna be on AIM to save battery? From what i've been reading, AIM kills the battery.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by reinfected View Post
    Alright guys. So I finally caved in, I'm planning on getting a Pre Plus tomorrow as part of my upgrade.

I've been using a Centro for a while now with no data plan and have been eying the Pre ever since it was announced.

Also, to get the best battery life (This is the thing that almost made me go with getting a droid, seriously) what do I need to do? All I need it to do is last a day with the ability to send around 30 texts a day and some light use with the facebook app / web browsing.

Finally, if you link AIM to your phone through the texting app, is there a way to disconnect it when you don't wanna be on AIM to save battery? From what i've been reading, AIM kills the battery.

Thanks!
    Hmm.... Must Have apps? I use slacker a bunch personally... And the games are up there.. It just hit me though, that I don't actually use many apps! Wrong person to be answering this question xD

Battery life? With what you're doing, it sounds like you'll make it through a day just fine. Use wi-fi whenever possible, disable bluetooth when you don't need it, and if you're having issues going through the day, grab one of the 1400mah extended batteries(if you want touchstone capabilities), or you can grab a bigger one that requires a separate back cover.

And if you wanna log off of AIM, in the Messaging app you happen to have two tabs, buddies, and something like messages? You can switch to buddies, and choose your status, one of them being offline, which will let you save battery life.

Welcome to the forums and hope I've answered all your questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by reinfected View Post

Thanks!
    Oh now hayyyulll.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    for mostly texting throughout the day, you can switch to 1x mode, it'll last longer than 3g but you shouldn't need it to last the day with what you do. save a contact that'll dial ##evdo# for easy switching.

you can search these forums for fast answers to ur questions.
    Last edited by spare; 03/13/2010 at 01:49 AM.
    Don't forget to turn down the brightness of your screen.

But for moderate use, you'll get through the day.

What you'll find is that after the centro, you'll want to be on the internet ALL DAY.

Don't be afraid to get the extra battery with the bigger cover. I went from the Centro too. And you'll find some days you get great battery life. Other days, when you're in an area with a low signal, you'll need the extra battery. This is a problem with all cell phones.

But welcome. And enjoy.
    disable all location services too (google and gps) if you're not planning on using them often. To me it doesn't matter because whenever I open an app that uses those services, it askes me if I want to turn them on. Just remember to go back to location services after you use the location-using app and turn them off again.

I use the precentral mobile app (in homebrew catalog), weather channel, engadget, and quick contacts (a photo speed dialer with some app short cuts. The short cuts open up space on the quick launcher for other apps).
    Be prepared to be sold on the Droid! Let us know what the sales pitch is and what they say =)