Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I cannot send pictures taken with my Pre via MMS over Verizon's Network. I can receive picture texts and send/recieve SMS messages without a problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jomax77 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I cannot send pictures taken with my Pre via MMS over Verizon's Network. I can receive picture texts and send/recieve SMS messages without a problem. Any ideas?
    It is not just the pre on sprint. I have always had issue sending pictures to verizon.
  3.    #3  
    sorry I don't understand. Are you saying that Sprint users have no problems sending MMS. I am on the phone with Verizon Support now. Believe it or not, PALM Chat Support told me to ask Verizon to increase my MMS size limit. Is that even possible? This guy seems like he never heard about that.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sprint's file size limit for MMS is 1MB, I have no clue what size Verizon limits it to. This has actually been a issue with the HTC Hero since the 5MP photos are just over 1MB.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    So is there any way we can send a picture via MMS? There seems to be no way to change the camera resolution, and the only other way to send a pic to someone is email and most of my friends don't check their email on their cell phones... Will Verizon actually increase the size limit if you ask them too? If so, I imagine there's a fee?
    i think there is a patch that allows you to send bigger pics and video in mms
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i think there is a patch that allows you to send bigger pics and video in mms
    There's no patch for this as a patch cannot change the network limitations set by the carrier.
    odd I've sent a few pics never had a problem. I have a verizon pre plus too.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I've been seeing this too, having recently moved from sprint to verizon. Pictures, not so much.. But video is another issue. If you take a video and want to send it via mms, the app will force you to crop down saying "47 second max for mms". Ok, I can kinda see this limitation put in place. The bigger problem is anyone else trying to send you a large file via mms will error out and never make it through. I tested against my friends pre on sprint (both running 1.4.1.1) and the sprint pre does not force you to shorten long or large files through mms....
    Hmm.. I just took a few pics and emailed them to myself and it seems that the pics I've taken range in size from about 800KB to 1.2MB. So I guess if I wan't to send a pic via MMS, I just have to hope the phone can compress it to < 1MB?
    Quote Originally Posted by everkleer View Post
    Hmm.. I just took a few pics and emailed them to myself and it seems that the pics I've taken range in size from about 800KB to 1.2MB. So I guess if I wan't to send a pic via MMS, I just have to hope the phone can compress it to < 1MB?
    For me it's not all the time_ and yes emailing them to nnnnnnnnnn@vzwpix.com andd they came though (after an error) and I was then able to forward. I have NEVER seen this with camera phones of any resolution. No matter what resolution I used in the past, every VZW phone I have had reduces the image to 400K or less as a copy and sends it...
    I have a verizon pre and i'm not having any of those problems.. I've sent few MMS with pics and short videos about 40 seconds and i can send them without any problems.. I used to have that problem with my sprint pre but usually it was because i had poor coverage.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liljoepr View Post
    I have a verizon pre and i'm not having any of those problems.. I've sent few MMS with pics and short videos about 40 seconds and i can send them without any problems.. I used to have that problem with my sprint pre but usually it was because i had poor coverage.
    Try a video over 47 seconds and see what happens. You'll then realize what will happen when someone from another carrier tries to send something larger to you.
    Last edited by Fabrian; 05/31/2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by everkleer View Post
    For me it's not all the time_ and yes emailing them to nnnnnnnnnn@vzwpix.com andd they came though (after an error) and I was then able to forward. I have NEVER seen this with camera phones of any resolution. No matter what resolution I used in the past, every VZW phone I have had reduces the image to 400K or less as a copy and sends it...
    Sending a 1.2MB pic via email to [my#]@vzwpix.com seems to compress it down to 236KB, so I guess I could do that and then MMS the pic... Is there any app I can dl that will compress the pic right on the phone w/o the need to send it anywhere?

I'm also wondering, is there still a 1MB limit if you have an unlimited text messaging plan?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i'm on sprint and somewhere in the last few months my phone decided that it will only receive pictures. Don't know what the deal is, but my phone is not interested in sending pictures any more...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I take and send pictures with my Verizon Pre Plus all the time, never once had a problem sending them or receiving a picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    I take and send pictures with my Verizon Pre Plus all the time, never once had a problem sending them or receiving a picture.
    Thanks, but this doesn't really help me any, lol.

I understand the 1.5mb size limits. I thought VZW (Or the MMS standard itself) throttled all pics to 400kb no matter how big they were to start with. If this is the case the concern is the lack of consistency. What's causing pics to appear to slip through the cracks full size? I called VZW and they have no clue at all why this is occuring. I am not aware of the ability to set the size of the photos incoming or outgoing...*shrug* and it happens maybe 2-5% of the time.
    FYI that the "Photo Effects Plus" app offers the ability to resize your photo (as well as Crop and other photo effects)...so, if you are having problems sending these files, try to resize with the app and see if that helps
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I have sent several photos by MMS and never had this problem until over the weekend. I checked the size of the photo afterwards and it was around 1.2MB but will not go out over MMS. Oh, and i have a Pre Plus on Verizon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast