1.    #1  
    Hi,

We just got our Pre PLuses Wednesday and are very happy with them. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem I can't seem to figure a solution to.

The launcher only has three pages - 2 with system icons and 1 with some system icons and all apps user installed. After downloading several apps, this third page has gotten quite crowded and ungainly. Is it possible to add additional pages to the launcher and move icons to other pages? It seems like it has to be possible, but I just can't find any way to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Panagiotis
    there is a patch which allows you to do this, patches or homebrew how-to can be found on the forum, search preware, and webos quick install
    I've used the patch to add pages and it's great, but I discovered that I really don't use the launcher. I tend to type the 1st or 1st two letter of the app and then launch the app that way. It's much faster than remembering where you've placed things on the launcher.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. Can you use Preware with a Palm Pre Plus w/ OS 1.4? Also, is it compatible with WinXP?

Is there an "official" link to get preware?

Thanks,
    Panagiotis
    I use 4 pages and have them set up as follows

Most Used
    Games/entertainment
    Reference
    System
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I'm new to the Pre also and I LOVE Quickinstall and patches. It makes it a completely different phone. I've added pages to cure the problem you're describing and also did the "wrap pages" patch so that you can scroll through the pages continuosly. Good stuff.
    I organize it... Paifully slow. We need categories back!
    tap and hold the icon til a big round circle appears, then drag it up or down or to the side to move it to another pqge. Or you can move it to and from the quick launch bar.
  10.    #10  
    Is Preware (and other patching software needed) compatible with the Pre Plus? All the software descriptions only say Pre.

How safe, really, is patching and installing homebrew? When I look at threads like problems w/ 1.4, I see that most of the problems are with patched systems. People that post they have no problems are using an unpatched system.

If the patching just uses undocumented features, that's one thing, but if it subverts the standard programming, that would be a concern to me. Of course if you put the phone into an altered state, it's going to affect it's functioning with unaltered software - possibly making it un-updateable.

Sory, not a rant, just a concern. Can you help put my mind at rest? Are there some patches / homebrew that are "safer" than others?

Thanks,
    Panagiotis
    after moving an app icon sometimes you have to close the launcher and reopen it in order to refresh the location
    I have 1 long page with 5x4 icons. Then mostly used ones up top, system icons (wifi, screen lock, device info, etc at the bottom).

I select the wrong icon about 10% of the time
  13.    #13  
    Since my post got a little hijacked, I'm reposting for a bump and some help.

Is Preware (and other patching software needed) compatible with the Pre Plus from Verizon? All the software descriptions only say Pre.

How safe, really, is patching and installing homebrew? When I look at threads like problems w/ 1.4, I see that most of the problems are with patched systems. People that post they have no problems are using an unpatched system.

If the patching just uses undocumented features, that's one thing, but if it subverts the standard programming, that would be a concern to me. Of course if you put the phone into an altered state, it's going to affect it's functioning with unaltered software - possibly making it un-updateable.

Sorry, not a rant, just a concern. Can you help put my mind at rest? Are there some patches / homebrew that are "safer" than others?

Thanks,
    Panagiotis