Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have made comments in a couple of treads about an issue that I have experienced with the Palm Pre and the phone application. Here is a video of a bug that I have experienced a couple of times.

The video refuses to load for me. That's a huge claim to make. Please explain.
    So since you failed in your previous exaggerted claims to garner the amont of "I agree with you" comments, you somehow thought a video was going to do do better?

+1 for persistence, -2 for intelligent, well thought out content.
    ... Your Pre has a hacked theme on it, and you're blaming the phone itself on an issue?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Fail!!!!!!!!
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... Your Pre has a hacked theme on it, and you're blaming the phone itself on an issue?
    What is a hacked theme?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So since you failed in your previous exaggerted claims to garner the amont of "I agree with you" comments, you somehow thought a video was going to do do better?

+1 for persistence, -2 for intelligent, well thought out content.
    Yes, I did. It doesn't matter if anyone clicks agree, its still a bug.
    Two suggestions:

1. Run WebOS doctor and quit using an IPhone theme or any theme for a while and see what happens.

2. Get a different phone so you can use it in an emergency.
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    What is a hacked theme?
    According to the video, you're running something from either Precentral-themes feed, or Prethemer, that is skinning your phone, and giving it an iPhone-like look.

These themes modify and replace files on the phone. I'd bet you'd have no such issue without any theme applied.
    I watched the video and i have to say I have never had this problem nor heard anyone else with it. Have you tried to remove the theme, doctor your phone, exchange your phone? Id feel very comfortable using my phone in an emergency
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have noticed the bug seems to occur if there is an unlistened voicemail and I reboot the phone.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    According to the video, you're running something from either Precentral-themes feed, or Prethemer, that is skinning your phone, and giving it an iPhone-like look.

These themes modify and replace files on the phone. I'd bet you'd have no such issue without any theme applied.
    I seriously do not understand how that could affect an icon that launches an application.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    In the vid, he's customized his phone. The 'phone app' he selects from the launcher appears to be a dialer (app maybe?) and not the default phone app. And he blames Palm... for making after-market mods? Nice try.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    In the vid, he's customized his phone. The 'phone app' he selects from the launcher appears to be a dialer (app maybe?) and not the default phone app. And he blames Palm... for making after-market mods? Nice try.
    It is the default app.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Gotta agree, might be something with the theme. Remove that and see if it fixes it. Have friends that are using different themes and do not run into this issue. If you remove the theme and the issue persists, then take it back to the store.
    As was stated, you've themed your phone, and now you want to pretend that the phone breaking is somehow Palm's fault, and the insipid little "good job Palm" is the killer on it. Your previous rant was about another "emergency", completely glossing over the fact that your wife chose to text you about the accident, rather than call you, clearly indicating it wasn't such an emergency after all.

As was suggested, revert your Pre back to factory defaults, and the phone app will likely be fixed. In other words you broke it yourself (though it's easily fixable, since Palm made it easy to fix using OS Doctor).
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    What is a hacked theme?
    You clearly have an iphone theme applied to your Pre. Maybe you should undo any themes or patches and put the phone back to a "supported"/out of box state. WebOS Dr it to make it easy.

Then see if the problem exists. I don't think rehashing this topic yet again is beneficial to anyone. If this was such a big issue, we would have heard more about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Two suggestions:

1. Run WebOS doctor and quit using an IPhone theme or any theme for a while and see what happens.

2. Get a different phone so you can use it in an emergency.
    I agree. Both the theme, and the 4x icons are immediately apparent tweaks that are unsupported by Palm. In your video, you endorse no accountability for the state of your Pre, which isn't fair.

I adore the dev community here and all they've done for the phone, but you are sacrificing stability by using these. I have 0 themes, 0 patches, and have had 0 occurrences similar to yours. I used them in the past, and now choose to err on the side of stability. So I'm speaking from experience.

Both of the above suggestions are on point. I understand that you have an axe to grind about this; if it were my spouse and our kids and that happened, I would be upset too. As someone who isn't experiencing the emotional clouding of having that happen, take what I'm saying at face value. They're both good suggestions. I'd prefer you chose #1; but to each his own.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    if you want an iphone, get an iphone.

never had a problem with my phone app
    Can you replicate this error when your phone app is on the Quick Launch Bar? I've never seen anyone remove the phone app from the Quick Launcher.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast