Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    echto, here's my take: you have a valid bug on the phone, themes or no themes. you've created awareness about it, and that's great. but don't unnecessarily extrapolate by taking an isolated incident and pining it onto Palm, claiming that they are unreliable in an emergency. any other phone, smart or not, could fail in any given circumstance. it's this fallacious claim you are making that gets some of the forum-ers here riled up.

and the rest of us Palm fan-boys, chillax a bit!
    You have a point, but here's the catch - there are a number of posts on here that talk about "random reset", "stuck keys", and that sort of thing. The people posting them don't get hammered because they are objectively posting a legitmate problem, and are (usually) seeking a solution.

That's not the case here. In spite of his protestations, no one can listen to the tone of that video, and note the deleted revelations of the altered OS, and realistically claim he was just trying to let people know about a potential bug, and is seeking a solution.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The OS didn't just fall open for you. You had to enter a code to enable dev mode to get to it. That "open ness" is a good thing, and has been pointed out, presumes a certain level of knowledge on the part of the user.

Besides, this is simply a diversion on your part. If that was really the issue, you would have mentioned that "openness" in your video, mentioned that you entered a well known code to open it up, and most importantly, you wouldn't have deleted the comments that pointed out that you exploited this feature before making the video.

Your excuses have stopped being pathetic, and have turned humorous.
    Crimony! You just don't stop do you.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You have a point, but here's the catch - there are a number of posts on here that talk about "random reset", "stuck keys", and that sort of thing. The people posting them don't get hammered because they are objectively posting a legitmate problem, and are (usually) seeking a solution.

That's not the case here. In spite of his protestations, no one can listen to the tone of that video, and note the deleted revelations of the altered OS, and realistically claim he was just trying to let people know about a potential bug, and is seeking a solution.

You failed to look at the other side of the fence. What if its only all the Prewarer's at risk of not being able to use their phone on demand in times of an emergency.

EITHER OR

Some situation prevented the phone application from running and it appears it was the notification application that influenced the situation.
    It's time to fight troll with troll. I am presently charging the battery for my camera so I can make an instructional video for the OP (which I will upload to youtube and post as a video response for him) on how to use WebOS's universal search feature to make a phone call without having to open the phone app, or even the launcher. I am sure he will remove it as a video response but he won't be able to remove the link from here... not only will this solve his issue as the pre not being a device to use in an emergency, but also, he will be able to keep his patches and terrible iphone theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    You failed to look at the other side of the fence. What if its only all the Prewarer's at risk of not being able to use their phone on demand in times of an emergency.

EITHER OR

Some situation prevented the phone application from running and it appears it was the notification application that influenced the situation.
    Funny your video doesnt mention the fact that you even used preware? You simply blamed Palm. Your tone is obvious in the video that you are blaming JUST PALM.

Did the Palm pre fail you? or did you FAIL the Palm pre?

Fail
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant

EITHER OR

Again, if the issue was the the phone not working as you described, you would not be deleting comments that are pointing out the truth that you modified the OS. You would be stating what the problem is simply, and matter of factly, instead of whining how "Palm Pre failed me". But the biggest giveaway of all is that you didn't title the thread (or the video) listing the problem. Instead, you chose a ridiculously hyperbolic bunch of nonsense about not being able to use it in a emergency.

Even if what you said was the whole truth, and that happened to a phone that wasn't hacked - the fact remains, after you saw the problem, you were able to hang up the phone (without having to listen to the voice mail, which you implied must be done) in a matter of seconds.
    If it makes anyone feel any better i actually got rid of my blackberry storm because it crashed on a 911 call while a woman was holding her bleeding child.. 5 minute reboot seemed like an hour.

I have to say this phone out of the box is 100% better then the Origional Storm ever was.. and 100% less crash prone. Even ask Kevin the head guy at crackberry.. he'll admit the Storm was a complete disaster.
    There is not a smartphone on the market that doesn't occasionally crash. That being said the Pre is as stable as any of them, and I've never seen a problem like that - you can't hack your phone to death and then cry like a baby when it hiccups...
    Okay, I just got to step in here. I teach the subjects of communication and negotiation on a professional level. I believe we are all forgetting a basic aspect of communication; you can't reason with unreasonable persons. For the past 8 pages this "troll" has been instructed, invited, told, etc., to doctor his phone and verify if then the problem continues. He has continually refused to do so. Ergo: an unreasonable person. My friends, you are wasting your time in trying to reason with him. It ain't gonna work!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    If it makes anyone feel any better i actually got rid of my blackberry storm because it crashed on a 911 call while a woman was holding her bleeding child.. 5 minute reboot seemed like an hour.

I have to say this phone out of the box is 100% better then the Origional Storm ever was.. and 100% less crash prone. Even ask Kevin the head guy at crackberry.. he'll admit the Storm was a complete disaster.
    But, did you make a video about it? If you did make a video, did you remove any information about how you modified the phone, and the issue might actually be your fault? I bet not.

But you know what, II don't blame you one bit for getting rid of the BB. Frankly, were my hacked Palm Pre to fail me at a time like that, I wouldn't just remove the hacks, I would get a different phone just like you did. I understand your discomfort completely.

Which points out further the fallacy in this guys "PSA". He didn't get rid of the phone and get one more reliable. Instead, he chose to continue to put his wife life in danger, and possibly even put other people's lives in danger by not pointing out that his modifications of the OS might be the cause.

I hope you're catching my point.

PSA was never his motive. Ranting about Palm was.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    The is starting to get redundant and ridiculous.

Its time to dance man...

Hey guys.. Camaros aren't safe.. and my camaro runs ruff at idol.. and the exhaust is loud and sounds like it has a leak. Don't buy the new camaros.

THE NEW CAMAROS ARE UNRELIABLE - Mine always breaks down!! See look at my car.. why would Chevy let this happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Okay, I just got to step in here. I teach the subjects of communication and negotiation on a professional level. I believe we are all forgetting a basic aspect of communication; you can't reason with unreasonable persons. For the past 8 pages this "troll" has been instructed, invited, told, etc., to doctor his phone and verify if then the problem continues. He has continually refused to do so. Ergo: an unreasonable person. My friends, you are wasting your time in trying to reason with him. It ain't gonna work!
    I think some of us gave up reasoning a while back. Now, it's more like play-fighting with my cat, and letting her attack me with her little declawed paws. She thinks she's accomplishing something, and I probably look like I'm really being pinned down to the ground, but reality is another thing...
    The is starting to get redundant and ridiculous.

Its time to dance man...

Wrong, it started doing so with the phrase
    I have made comments in a couple of treads about an issue that I have experienced with the Palm Pre and the phone application...
    Just sayin'
    Anybody who makes a statement that maybe the phone should be locked down so people can't hack it, doesn't need to be using a device like the pre. That is one of the most idiotic immature arguments I have ever heard.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Did you also see on the last 8 pages I mentioned the bug is not reproducible on demand and a doctoring will not give a instant gratification fix? Hence the bug is intermittent. I just happen to catch it when I did.
    Did you also see on the last 8 pages I mentioned the bug is not reproducible on demand and a doctoring will not give a instant gratification fix? Hence the bug is intermittent. I just happen to catch it when I did.
    Sometimes after a while of not filling my car with gas, my car stops working... it's very intermittent, if I've been driving on the highway sometimes I can go a lot farther before the problem happens than when I'm in the city... the company that produced my car has failed me.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Anybody who makes a statement that maybe the phone should be locked down so people can't hack it, doesn't need to be using a device like the pre. That is one of the most idiotic immature arguments I have ever heard.
    Agreed. We need to get Palm, Verizon, and Sprint to enforce that in their advertising.
    For the safety of all of us.. and if this is a legitimate problem with Palms phones.. can you please Dr Your phone.. and wait for this issue to happen again? if it happens with a clean setup and no mods/patches/themes please report back to us. You will be doing all of us a great service.

thank you.

Also if you don't want to do this.. please let us know. Remember.... you have told other people in other threads to use the WebOS Dr. to wipe their phones to fix intermittent issues.
    Last edited by antonio3; 03/12/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The OP is either a troll, way too young to be married, or somewhat slow when it comes to technology. Whichever it is, you've been given plenty of advice on this thread, and yet you continue to bury your head in the sand ignoring everyone.

I will say the thread tags were quite amusing though.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast