Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I'll repeat myself. =) I've pointed out a problem I've observed with the phone. And I posted a video of it. If I choose to delete the immature comments made by kids, or overweight, fat, dark haired people who neglect their dog, or just want to keep an unbiased atmosphere I can do so. Live with it. Don't like what I have to say? Fine. That's your opinion. The original post and video are my opinion. =)
    when you said "dark haired people who neglect their dog" kinda makes you sound raciest, bad enough you are kinda considered a troll, and we all know how much we here like trolls here at precentral.... but I'm sure every one will love a raciest troll to top it off
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    Ok guys, if this isn't trolling, it should be.

Since we've all posted, for 6 pages, PLENTY of great solutions..I'm going to shamelessly attempt a threadjack here.

Here's a GREAT example of trolling from Jalopnik.com. To pull us all away from the fury developing around this, click the link and enjoy watching a masterwork of trollery on a subject (most of us) aren't (as) interesting in. Let's all step away from the bait.

Mustang Forums Trolled With Hilarious Results - Jalopnik.com
    OK, that was funny. I didn't read the thread, but the post was funny. I get the comment about "serious responses", that's why I've given up on those (he didn't want any "serious responses", he just wanted to whine) and am just having fun.

I suspect the guy's not even married. I mean, he faked the video, and shops for batteries at Radio Shack. No way he'd find a wife while living in his mom's basement.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    The same thing happened to my Pre after I updated to 1.4. I had to reboot the phone for it to behave normally with VM.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    Ok guys, if this isn't trolling, it should be.

Since we've all posted, for 6 pages, PLENTY of great solutions..I'm going to shamelessly attempt a threadjack here.

Here's a GREAT example of trolling from Jalopnik.com. To pull us all away from the fury developing around this, click the link and enjoy watching a masterwork of trollery on a subject (most of us) aren't (as) interesting in. Let's all step away from the bait.

Mustang Forums Trolled With Hilarious Results - Jalopnik.com
    I gotta agree on this thread going askew. It is not what I had intended. I posted a possible safety concern. Safety concerns should be examined. This thread identified items to examine. Safety should not be under or over rated.
    I gotta agree on this thread going askew. It is not what I had intended. I posted a possible safety concern. Safety concerns should be examined. This thread identified items to examine. Safety should not be under or over rated.
    Bull. You wanted to whine like a child because you haven't gotten your way.

If you were really concerned about safety and authentically troubleshooting the issue, you would be forthcoming about the fact that you modified the operating system, then complained that it didn't work correctly.

I suspect that the only "going askew" that you recognize, or will acknowledge, is that you are surprised that you got outed, and shocked at the response it got you.
    Dude, if you modify the heck out of a product, you have absolutely no right to go around pointing fingers blaming a company with making what you call "unsafe" products. If I open my hair drier and short circuit it and fry myself should I be allowed to blame the manufacturer ?
    Have you used webOS Doctor to restore the phone back to default yet? You've had time to do so. If you're so concerned about safety, I would think it would be a top priority to eliminate any potential problems (like the hacks that you applied).

Of course, it seems to me that you're just interested in complaining.
    You know, one positive thing that comes of regularly refreshing the YT page is that one gets to rerun the video and catch the nuances.

Seriously, go back and listen to the sheer agony in his voice when he says "and the Palm Pre failed me".

Oscar worthy stuff there...
    I wouldn't even mind as much if he hadn't deleted all of the posts on youtube. The fact that he's doing that shows that hes nothing but a troll, who is whining about something that is most likely his fault. I certainly hope that both Palm and Sprint are notified.

echto, you have lost all credibility on this board.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Have you used webOS Doctor to restore the phone back to default yet? You've had time to do so. If you're so concerned about safety, I would think it would be a top priority to eliminate any potential problems (like the hacks that you applied).

Of course, it seems to me that you're just interested in complaining.
    Actually, I'm more interested in catching it. I think the data gathered from that would be more valuable to the, lets see... to use a word a couple of you have thrown around, community, than sweeping it under the rug hopping it never show its ugly head again.
    Actually, I'm more interested in catching it. I think the data gathered from that would be more valuable to the, lets see... to use a word a couple of you have thrown around, community, than sweeping it under the rug hopping it never show its ugly head again.
    There's no "sweeping it under the rug". Palm is not going to trouble-shoot someone else's hack.

If you want the issue tracked down, you need to contact the person that created the theme.

The "good job Palm" at the end of the video says it all. You're not trying to fix anything, you're whining like a child, and refusing to acknowledge that the problem may be what you've done.
    This thread has actually revealed an issue. Five people experienced this issue, the OP and myself included. And for that, we say thank you. We have something to consider and look out for.

Still, you're the single person that reported it happening more than once. That you didn't think to remove your cusomizations before you posted your video and thread topic was your first fault. Your second fault was your obstinance when several different people repeatedly told you for several pages what steps to try and see what might be the cause. Your third fault was deleting the posts on YouTube, which, as it is your account, yes you have the "right" to do, but [because of it, we] can, will and have completely written you off.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 03/12/2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Dude, if you modify the heck out of a product, you have absolutely no right to go around pointing fingers blaming a company with making what you call "unsafe" products. If I open my hair drier and short circuit it and fry myself should I be allowed to blame the manufacturer ?
    This is a argument that is going in circles. This goes back to the openness of the phone and is it concern for the manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    This thread has actually revealed an issue. Five people experienced this issue, the OP and myself included. And for that, we say thank you. We have something to consider and look out for.

Still, you're the single person that reported it happening more than once. That you didn't think to remove your cusomizations before you posted your video and thread topic was your first fault. Your second fault was your obstinance when several different people repeatedly told you for several pages what steps to try and see what might be the cause. Your third fault was deleting the posts on YouTube, which, as it is your account, yes you have the "right" to do, but can, will and have completely written you off.
    Add to that the fact that he first went to YouTube with the problem, and one only has to listen to the video to know that he's not "reporting a problem, looking for a solution", but is looking to blast Palm. I suspect Palm would have pretty good case that he is fraudulently doing so, since he altered the OS before making the video.
    You sir are a tool for posting a thread making such a bold claim and of course, your phone is hacked.

This can be said for most of the negative threads on this forum complaining about certain things that were caused by patching. This is the risk you take, don't come back and blame the phone afterwards.
    This is a argument that is going in circles. This goes back to the openness of the phone and is it concern for the manufacturer.
    The OS didn't just fall open for you. You had to enter a code to enable dev mode to get to it. That "open ness" is a good thing, and has been pointed out, presumes a certain level of knowledge on the part of the user.

Besides, this is simply a diversion on your part. If that was really the issue, you would have mentioned that "openness" in your video, mentioned that you entered a well known code to open it up, and most importantly, you wouldn't have deleted the comments that pointed out that you exploited this feature before making the video.

Your excuses have stopped being pathetic, and have turned humorous.
    What's valuable to the community is solving legitimate problems, not self-inflicted issues brought about by mule-headed people that won't act on the advice they've been given.

There is nothing more I can do for you. Either take a dump or get off the pot. This is not productive.
    echto, here's my take: you have a valid bug on the phone, themes or no themes. you've created awareness about it, and that's great. but don't unnecessarily extrapolate by taking an isolated incident and pining it onto Palm, claiming that they are unreliable in an emergency. any other phone, smart or not, could fail in any given circumstance. it's this fallacious claim you are making that gets some of the forum-ers here riled up.

and the rest of us Palm fan-boys, chillax a bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ...Your excuses have stopped being pathetic, and have turned humorous.
    Nah, I think they've become pathetic again. I'm out. I gotta eat something.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post

Still, you're the single person that reported it happening more than once. That you didn't think to remove your cusomizations before you posted your video and thread topic was your first fault. Your second fault was your obstinance when several different people repeatedly told you for several pages what steps to try and see what might be the cause. Your third fault was deleting the posts on YouTube, which, as it is your account, yes you have the "right" to do, but can, will and have completely written you off.
    I appreciate your candidness.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast