Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 180
  1. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #81  
    While I don't agree with the premise of this thread, I do appreciate the amount of information the OP has put here with reproductions and detailed descriptions of his issue. This is exactly what you do when you have a issue, this is the sort of detailed information that helps developers squash these sorts of bugs. I haven't seen another customer with this same issue so it may just be your unit having this problem.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  2. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And here's the real kicker.

    You are deleting the comments on YouTube that point out that you hacked the phone.

    You sir, are indeed a Troll.

    Not quite obviously enough that I can report you and be assured that the mods will delete the thread, but hopefully they will shut it down.

    Until they do, I'm going to continue to post on the YouTube video what you've done, and report back each time you delete my comment.
    Who cares if I delete comments? Its my space over there, if I want to keep the page clean I can.
  3. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #83  
    So you delete all the posts mentioning the real problem, but leave up a post blaming the Pre. Troll.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Everything here has been very good advice. If anything comes out of this, it may be that the notification system on the Pre may not like some themes or icon formats. Why that would matter? Its very good question. Why is it intermittent? That is another good question.

    I don't know why this happens. It appears the notification system, at times, is taking charge when the phone application is accessed. Maybe its a data pass-thru thing? Maybe something is getting hung up somewhere? Maybe its a clock/date/time issue? Maybe something isn't getting reset properly on a reboot? Or maybe its just something simple? I don't know.

    I just find it very frustrating when I can't use my phone when I want to.
    More delays and deflection attempts. Just admit it. You modified the phone. It backfired. You blamed Palm. The community has called you on it, and now you want to "save face" by trying to divert attention from the real issue.

    Stop pontificating and just use webOS Doctor to revert the phone back to webOS 1.4 default configuration. Then stop screwing around with patches and themes because obviously they're not something you know how to work with.

    Put down the chalupa. It's too hot for you.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Who cares if I delete comments? Its my space over there, if I want to keep the page clean I can.
    I don't think you're understanding what they are pointing out. You will only accept the comments that positively affects your video, and will remove the comments that possibly debunks your issue. If you're hacking your phone for visual aesthetics, doesn't mean your phone's functionality wont be compromised. People are pointing out you have modified your phone, that is not official by Palm, and your putting the blame on Palm when the issue is coming from some homebrew content.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I don't think you're understanding what they are pointing out. You will only accept the comments that positively affects your video, and will remove the comments that possibly debunks your issue. If you're hacking your phone for visual aesthetics, doesn't mean your phone's functionality wont be compromised. People are pointing out you have modified your phone, that is not official by Palm, and your putting the blame on Palm when the issue is coming from some homebrew content.
    He fully understands. He just has an agenda... An axe to grind. He knows we're right, but doesn't want to admit it.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    More delays and deflection attempts. Just admit it. You modified the phone. It backfired. You blamed Palm. The community has called you on it, and now you want to "save face" by trying to divert attention from the real issue.

    Stop pontificating and just use webOS Doctor to revert the phone back to webOS 1.4 default configuration. Then stop screwing around with patches and themes because obviously they're not something you know how to work with.

    Put down the chalupa. It's too hot for you.
    I don't think he's going to be able to delete the comments in the email I just sent off to Palm's legal department.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think he's going to be able to delete the comments in the email I just sent off to Palm's legal department.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Don't know which is funnier - that, or the first tag on the thread - "how to embarrass yourself"
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think he's going to be able to delete the comments in the email I just sent off to Palm's legal department.
    Haha! I don't think companies take kindly to people publicly slandering their product with unfounded accusations of defects.

    Anyone want to place bets that his video mysteriously disappears after a while? I'll bet that when proven wrong he won't publish a retraction. Well, it should be no surprise.
  11. #91  
    hparsons, I hope you really did. echto is simply a troll trying to make Palm look bad. Deleting all the comments shows his true colors.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  12. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think he's going to be able to delete the comments in the email I just sent off to Palm's legal department.
    I have a valid argument.

    Youtube provides options that I can use freely and at will.

    Its obvious I hurt your feelings and I apologize. Its just a phone.
  13. #93  
    And the comments on YT just got deleted again. They DO seem to be running about 99% "you hacked your phone and blamed Palm???"
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    hparsons, I hope you really did. echto is simply a troll trying to make Palm look bad. Deleting all the comments shows his true colors.
    I definitely did:

    I've never contacted a business over something like this before, but I believe this warrants it.

    A user on one of the Palm related forums posted a thread titled "Palm Pre is not recommended for use in an emergency". It included a link to a YouTube video in which the person "demonstrated" how unreliable the Palm Pre is in making a simple phone call.

    However, what he doesn't mention in the video is that he has altered the OS on the Pre. Several viewers of the video (including myself) pointed this out, and he continually deletes the comments.

    I would think that at a minimum, you folks would be interested in having the video pulled, or requiring the user to be more forthcoming in disclosing that it's an altered operating system. At this point in the Pre and Pixi's lifecycle, any bad press is bad.

    Here's the link:

  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I have a valid argument.

    Youtube provides options that I can use freely and at will.

    Its obvious I hurt your feelings and I apologize. Its just a phone.
    You didn't "hurt my feelling", but I find your actions disgusting. You are perpetrating a fraud, and I'd be willing to be that Palm is interested, and the video is going to disappear.

    If I photoshopped a picture of you and added a naked man, and presented that to your wife as "proof" that you're bi-sexual and risking exposing her to aids, you would be offended, and rightfully so.

    Your actions clearly indicate you have no concern about the "safety" issue, and simply want to bash Palm.

    But nope, you didn't hurt my feelings. As a matter of fact, I think it's going to be a very interesting "spectator sport" for the next several hours.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I have a valid argument.

    Youtube provides options that I can use freely and at will.

    Its obvious I hurt your feelings and I apologize. Its just a phone.
    Your argument is that you are an ***? Can't take it that it is your own fault.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
  17. Solen's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Everything here has been very good advice. If anything comes out of this, it may be that the notification system on the Pre may not like some themes or icon formats. Why that would matter? Its very good question. Why is it intermittent? That is another good question.

    I don't know why this happens. It appears the notification system, at times, is taking charge when the phone application is accessed. Maybe its a data pass-thru thing? Maybe something is getting hung up somewhere? Maybe its a clock/date/time issue? Maybe something isn't getting reset properly on a reboot? Or maybe its just something simple? I don't know.

    I just find it very frustrating when I can't use my phone when I want to.

    The fact that the developer mode uses a code to access it, means it wasn't put in there for the everyday user. It was put in there for possible developers to gain access to the OS and see what they could do. And just because a Homebrew tutorial tells you how to do something to your phone, doesn't mean it's a good thing to do either. That's why Homebrew isn't a manufacturer supported way of making changes to your phone! Yes, it's nice to be able to add functionality and try to make your phone unique, and the Homebrew community is full of excellent programmers, but if you choose to alter the phone's OS or UI to your liking, you should accept the fact that things can, and possibly will go wrong!

    Just offering a different way of looking at it...
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  18. #98  
    I also flagged the video for copyright and false/misleading information. I'm not so sure how good it will do though.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    I also flagged the video for copyright and false/misleading information. I'm not so sure how good it will do though.
    I didn't see that capability. I'll look for it though. Anyone else care to join in on the fun?
  20. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I definitely did:

    I've never contacted a business over something like this before, but I believe this warrants it.

    A user on one of the Palm related forums posted a thread titled "Palm Pre is not recommended for use in an emergency". It included a link to a YouTube video in which the person "demonstrated" how unreliable the Palm Pre is in making a simple phone call.

    However, what he doesn't mention in the video is that he has altered the OS on the Pre. Several viewers of the video (including myself) pointed this out, and he continually deletes the comments.

    I would think that at a minimum, you folks would be interested in having the video pulled, or requiring the user to be more forthcoming in disclosing that it's an altered operating system. At this point in the Pre and Pixi's lifecycle, any bad press is bad.

    Here's the link:

    YouTube - Palm Pre is NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN AN EMERGENCY
    If anything you brought attention to a possible bug review. This is what I call teamwork!

Posting Permissions