Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 180
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Translation - you'd rather keep ranting about "emergencies", and blame Palm, than put your phone back the way it came from the factory.

    I'm serious dude. You're not going to like this, but you've invited it with your assertions about not using the phone in an emergency.

    You've had several knowledgable people offer a very good advice on getting to the bottom of the problem, along with a very good theory about what the problem may be, so it looks like the bottom line is:

    Your theme is more important to you than the "emergencies" you're warning about.
    No, obviously, his theme is more important that his wife's safety.
  2. #42  
    Are you even responsible or mature enough to be married? I mean you blame a company for something that very likely seems to be your fault. No one else seems to be having your issue from what I can tell. I know I never have.

    People like you make me sick.
  3. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    Can you replicate this error when your phone app is on the Quick Launch Bar? I've never seen anyone remove the phone app from the Quick Launcher.
    I do not know. The phone is an application with an icon. WebOS allows you to populate the pages and quick launch bar as you see fit. All applications should be treated equal, imo.
  4. #44  
    It also depends which 4x4 patch you're talking about. I have 4x4 v1, and again, have never had the issue.
  5. #45  
    Why is everybody blaming his problem on the theme. It could be patches or maybe he just need to do a full erase and start over. I been installing themes since they started and had no problems with them.
    --Marvin
  6. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, take them off. Leave them off for a few days, and see if the problem comes back. By the way, only two people in this thread so far have had the problem (you being one of them). Look back and see if there's anything those two people have in common...
    Sound advice.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Why is everybody blaming his problem on the theme. It could be patches or maybe he just need to do a full erase and start over. I been installing themes since they started and had no problems with them.
    You are right -- it could be either. It's just that the reports on these forums seem to support more problems with themes that with the 4 X 4 patch.

    BTW, I am using 4 X 4, v 3 and I have not experienced this problem. But I've never installed a theme.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Why is everybody blaming his problem on the theme. It could be patches or maybe he just need to do a full erase and start over. I been installing themes since they started and had no problems with them.
    I think what everyone is stating is that he did press the phone app in his video, yet he's stating that the Pre should not be used to dial in emergencies. If he would have been trying to launch and use the actual phone app, people would feel differently. However, using a theme that replace the icon for the phone, but doesn't clearly show what the problem is.

    In addition, they've asked that he unmodify the phone (i.e use the doctor) to determine if it's the phone or his modifications. No one knows what the cause is; everyone is speculating based on what's shown in the video.
  9. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Are you even responsible or mature enough to be married? I mean you blame a company for something that very likely seems to be your fault. No one else seems to be having your issue from what I can tell. I know I never have.

    People like you make me sick.
    I'm sorry I made you sick. This is all I can offer.

    http://us.metamath.org/downloads/finiteaxiom.pdf

    I hope you get feeling better.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    ...In addition, they've asked that he unmodify the phone (i.e use the doctor) to determine if it's the phone or his modifications. No one knows what the cause is; everyone is speculating based on what's shown in the video.
    No. This is basic troubleshooting. Go down the list of anything and everything that could be causing the problem. And removing themes and patches is high on that list. Also, troubleshooting can sometimes take days to see if the changes really did work. Sometimes you can never be sure. Welcome to the wonderful world of electronic gizmos!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ---- Edit ----

    After reading Antonio3's post below, I went back and tested. He's correct, the phone app doesn't load the launcher splash screen.
    The first time you load the phone app after a fresh boot, it will load the splash screen.

    Any time you load the phone app after that, it will just pull up the app immediately.
  12. #52  
    I have to agree... if you patched your phone and themed its more than likely that you have atleast 2 factors not working well with each other causing apps to not launch correctly. Try doctoring your phone, or at the very leat removing the theme and the patches, it works wonders and see if that helps otherwise if you wont take the time to fix what you did how are you going to blame Palm when they werent the ones that applied the patchs and hacks.
  13. Raphy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #53  
    this guy it's a troll, all he wants is attention from the forum. More than one user have pointed him to the possible solution, but he refuse to listen and keeps on his rant..

    If you want a solution DRed your Pre, if not keep dialing your VM, before getting to the dial-pad..
  14. #54  
    Ah, after I reset my phone, his video did load for me. And now that I've seen it, this actually did happen to me once. Immediately after updating to 1.4 I was having all sorts of wackiness. That phone email thing you showed in your video was one of them.

    Resets did nothing. The only thing that worked was an extended battery-drop reset. I took the cover off, pulled the battery completely out and laid the three pieces on the desk. They sat there for at least three minutes while I entertained myself elsewhere.

    I came back, put it all back together, started it back up and the afore mentioned wackiness was gone. I haven't the first foggy clue as to why, but that somehow cleared out the cobwebs.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 03/12/2010 at 09:03 PM.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    After a reset the video did load. And now that I've seen it, this actually did happen to me once. Immediately after updating to 1.4 I was having all sorts of wackiness. That phone email thing you showed in your video was one of them.

    Resets did nothing. The only thing that worked was an extended battery-drop reset. I took the cover off, pulled the battery completely out and laid the three pieces on the desk. They sat there for at least three minutes while I entertained myself elsewhere.

    I came back, put it all back together, started it back up and the afore mentioned wackiness was gone. I haven't the first foggy clue as to why, but that somehow cleared out the cobwebs.
    Did you have a theme or patches applied?
  16. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
       #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    I have to agree... if you patched your phone and themed its more than likely that you have atleast 2 factors not working well with each other causing apps to not launch correctly. Try doctoring your phone, or at the very leat removing the theme and the patches, it works wonders and see if that helps otherwise if you wont take the time to fix what you did how are you going to blame Palm when they werent the ones that applied the patchs and hacks.
    Its sound advice, but I have to make a comment. If there is a potential for a phone failing to perform as expected due to its openness, why does Palm does allow it in the first place? Why chance it? Why don't they lock it down?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Did you have a theme or patches applied?
    I believe this was before I even had a chance to reapply any of my patches. My upgrade process was so horrible that I may be blocking some of it out, but I believe that's how it happened.

    I've never installed any themes on, this, my second Pre.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Its sound advice, but I have to make a comment. If there is a potential for a phone failing to perform as expected due to its openness, why does Palm does allow it in the first place? Why chance it? Why don't they lock it down?
    Seriously? If you buy into that, maybe you should switch to a closed-down architecture, where you're not allowed to do anything the manufacturer doesn't explicitly endorse, like the iPhone.

    Wait, no, you can jailbreak an iPhone too, oh no.
  19. #59  
    You could always get an Android based phone. Then you'd have all sorts of calling issues to video
  20. #60  
    When I first read the title of this thread I kind of thought he was trying to turn the phone on since it takes forever to reboot the phone and would need it for an emergency fast.
    --Marvin
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions