1.    #1  
    How much lateral movement should the Pre have when closed? I've watched videos on YouTube of extreme cases, and I know mine isn't really bad, but how much are they supposed to have? I assume there will be a little simply based on the fact that the slider is only affixed in the center.
    Are you referring to the "oreo" effect?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #3  
    Yes...but specifically how much is normal? Meaning how much play would a phone that's not worn have from the factory that's acceptable?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    mine has about a 1/16th of an inch, and i got it a week ago.

was going to swap it out last night, but the one they opened up (brand new was worse), the one in the store was about the same (display), i went to another store and it was worse then mine.
  5.    #5  
    Cool, thanks...so just a bit is normal then I guess. That's about how much mine is, 1/16th or so.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    yeah, im a little ocd, but once i saw how bad the other phones were i got over it.

i kept reminding myself that some play is good, because its a slider phone.

ive heard alot of folks describing the twist alot worse then 1/16th''
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantdunivan View Post
    yeah, im a little ocd, but once i saw how bad the other phones were i got over it.

i kept reminding myself that some play is good, because its a slider phone.

ive heard alot of folks describing the twist alot worse then 1/16th''
    I remember when I got my first Sidekick. It was like a rattly AK47 right out of the box. Freaking Tank of a phone though! I can't count the bounces off concrete that thing endured and just kept on trucking. I remember once it fell out of my pocket and went straight off the deck landing on concrete about 10 feet below. Hit so hard the actual screen came apart. I put it back together, but had this one metal part I never figured out where it went. Worked fine without it....LOL.

If the Pre turns out to be anything like that phone's reliability i'll be a happy camper. Sidekick aside (I always thought it was ugly so I didn't bother trying to make it pretty) i'm typically very OCD about my stuff, I think moreso about this phone simply because it's so beautiful.