1.    #1  
    palmdoc tweeted it and palmnews has a post up about it... looks like it is going to be 20% off and only to US and Canada

Palm announces developer phones | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
  2.    #2  
    precentral has it up now too, front page of course
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Are these REAL developer phones? It doesn't look like they are carrier independent...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Sorry to be the party-pooper, but I don't see how a $439 Pre and a $479 Pre Plus is going to convince any developer to make an App for webOS..
  5.    #5  
    looks like they are tied to the carrier, I tried checking out and it basically says that they are coming activated and you need to add it to your account or create a new one with the carrier...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Sorry to be the party-pooper, but I don't see how a $439 Pre and a $479 Pre Plus is going to convince any developer to make an App for webOS..
    business write off never hurts...
    Developer phones aren't for convincing. They're for testing apps in addition to the emulator.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Developer phones aren't for convincing. They're for testing apps in addition to the emulator.
    You can do that on a $449 Palm Pre you can get from Amazon as well. Only plus might be you don't have to type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" to unlock the developer mode if you get it from Palm...
    You can do that on a $449 Palm Pre you can get from Amazon as well. Only plus might be you don't have to type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" to unlock the developer mode if you get it from Palm...
    Nooo. Dev phones don't require a two-year contract with either Sprint or Verizon. Most likely internet enabled apps are tested via Wi-Fi. How you activate the phone without a contract hasn't been revealed yet.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Nooo. Dev phones don't require a two-year contract with either Sprint or Verizon. Most likely internet enabled apps are tested via Wi-Fi. How you activate the phone without a contract hasn't been revealed yet.
    In that case I'd get a $250 Pre from craigslist and bypass activation, but maybe that's just me..
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    They use WebOS Internal's Meta Doctor lol