Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I have had my pre since Sept with no problems whatsoever.....until today. The phone has a touchstone and 1.4. I went to use the phone today when I hit the phone icon it suddenly showed 2 voicemails and brought up a black screen that just had one button on it to listen to the voicemail. No matter what I did, even listening to the messages, would not bring the phone screen until I rebooted. Afterward it worked fine.

This afternoon I noticed when I went to unlock it it showed the full screen with icons and the lock button, instead of the gradual screen that fades to black where the lock is. I even put it on the touchstone and couldn't get the black lock screen, just a dimmer full screen with the lock button. On a hunch I went to the phome screen and got the same thing...3 new voicemails and a black screen. A reboot later and it was fine.

The phone has preware and a few patches...mainly dates in texting, date on top bar, call ignore, a few lite games, reboot scheduler, and a book I bought. I didn't install anything in the last two days.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I have to think it has something to do with 1.4 but since it never did it before I have no idea.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yup, I've seen all this. I've seen the messed up lockscreen more than anything. Only saw the black screen with the voicemail icon once. Next time my lockscreen gets messed up I'll check the phone app. The lockscreen thing has been discussed in other threads. Haven't really seen much about the black screen with voicemail icon until this evening with youtube video post (subject said something about not [being able to] use the Pre for emergencies).
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    ok...cool.

I can deal with issues with 1.4...i was just concerned it might be a phone issue itself. Thanks for the heads up.
    the lockcreen issue is linked to just restarting luna when you use preware. If you do a soft reset, the problem should go away. Whenever I update or add a patch and it does a luna reet, I have the same issue. I have found preware to be buggy with 1.4. I even stopped using themes because one caused my phone to go into a endless boot twice. Lost everything and had to start all over.