Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    fyi palm has a press conference at the gdc, so i hope they'll unveil flash among other things (nova)
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    fyi palm has a press conference at the gdc, so i hope they'll unveil flash among other things (nova)
    I think they "unveiled" it already..They just didnt release it yet. Then again, im assuming thats up to adobe.
    What time is this supposed to occur? Does anyone know?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    3pm pacific time
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I think they "unveiled" it already..They just didnt release it yet. Then again, im assuming thats up to adobe.
    At CES, Palm announced the 3D games, and they started showing up in the App Catalog shortly thereafter. I can easily imagine Palm (with Adobe's permission) doing the same thing with the Flash beta plug-in.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    At CES, Palm announced the 3D games, and they started showing up in the App Catalog shortly thereafter. I can easily imagine Palm (with Adobe's permission) doing the same thing with the Flash beta plug-in.
    I dont see what the big hype is about flash when your Pre is gunna freeze once you get to a flash content, then we'll all start lashing out at palm for releasing it at that condition......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I dont see what the big hype is about flash when your Pre is gunna freeze once you get to a flash content, then we'll all start lashing out at palm for releasing it at that condition......
    What if it works properly? And people will always complain no matter what a big company, or anyone in any sort of power does (can't please everyone, and can't do magic), and it's adobe who's releasing it, not palm. It's a plug-in you don't want it, don't use it. SIMPLE AS THAT!

edit: o Yea, i'm stocked... Um is there a way i could stream it live?
    I dunno if they will even talk about flash, the presentation is an overview of using the pdk...kind of doubt flash will come up.
    The OP also mentions 'nova'. Wasn't Nova the code name for WebOS? Hence, Nova's OUT!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    People are excited? Ok, getting ready for some complain threads later today..
    maybe new hardware that can game even better...c'mon OMAP 4!
    Is there a live feed anywhere?
    I think NOVA was supposed to be an updated PalmOS not webOS. If it was I wish I could have seen NOVA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    maybe new hardware that can game even better...c'mon OMAP 4!
    Of all the things Palm won't announce, new hardware is at the very tippy top of the list. Unless, that is, they plan on releasing said new hardware tomorrow. If there's one thing Palm simply cannot afford at the moment, it's cannibalizing the sales of existing devices for even a few months.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    anyone know any links to live update blogs or anything
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Looks like some live info here Lisa Brewster (Adora) on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Yesterdays news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Yesterdays news.
    Literally.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Let there be Flash for webos!