Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Let there be Flash for webos!
    i second that amendment!
    So isn't the presentation going on right now?
  3.    #23  
    yes
    Well dang. I guess we have to wait until someone there posts something. Sucks there is no live blog.
    If you listened to the Engadget live podcast an hour ago, they didn't even have a clue that Palm was even doing anything. They said something like "some people in the chat are talking about some Palm event in 20 minutes, is there a Palm event we don't know about?"

I guess we'll have to wait for the video link that Adora mentioned there would be at some point after it.

I'm not expecting anything more than PDK stuff though, and you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it'll be more than that, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you listened to the Engadget live podcast an hour ago, they didn't even have a clue that Palm was even doing anything. They said something like "some people in the chat are talking about some Palm event in 20 minutes, is there a Palm event we don't know about?"

I guess we'll have to wait for the video link that Adora mentioned there would be at some point after it.

I'm not expecting anything more than PDK stuff though, and you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it'll be more than that, really.
    a flash release date wouldnt be too outlandish?
    A flash date is out of Palms hands. They already did everything on their end with 1.4. Now it's up to Adobe to release it.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    a flash release date wouldnt be too outlandish?
    This is GDC, not Adobe MAX 2010..
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Of all the things Palm won't announce, new hardware is at the very tippy top of the list. Unless, that is, they plan on releasing said new hardware tomorrow. If there's one thing Palm simply cannot afford at the moment, it's cannibalizing the sales of existing devices for even a few months.
    If the new device is substantially different, like a slab, it still could make sense. Instant release would help, too.
    If they're going to announce new hardware soon, which I don't expect for another month or two, it'd make more sense in two weeks at CTIA than it does now at GDC.

This presentation is all about the PDK today.

I mean, the event title was "An Overview to Creating Games with Palm's Plug-in Development Kit (PDK)".

https://www.cmpevents.com/GD10/a.asp...&V=3&id=677883

Session Description
    Come learn how to take full advantage of the advanced hardware capabilities of Palm's webOS devices--including full OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 support--using the recently announced Plug-in Development Kit (PDK). This technical session will provide an architectural overview of Palm's hardware and software platforms and then provide hands-on details for how the PDK exposes these capabilities.

Intended Audience
    This session is geared toward programmers who are familiar with C/C++ programming and are interested in writing and porting games and compiled code for webOS.

Takeaway
    Attendees will get an architectural overview and hands-on details of Palm's recently announced Plug-in Development Kit (PDK), including tools, general development workflow and descriptions of APIs.
  11.    #31  
    why haven't we heard any news?
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    why haven't we heard any news?
    there wasnt any?
    because the news was just the PDK and Unreal. Of which we've known for a day or so.....

Got your hopes too high....

just poking fun....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    No new apps though? Not Cool...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    No new apps though? Not Cool...
    i know, i'm bummed out . time to play battlefield bad company 2
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    maybe a incentive for iphone users to port their apps with the pdk out?
  17.    #37  
    maybe, just maybe
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    What?

LMFAO!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12