Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A question that I can't seem to find a conclusive answer on is for those BELL users that are on the unlimited Data Fab 10 plan that is on longer offered.

Is Bell allowing tethering against this plan as well?
    If I recall, this plan had a "tethering not included clause".
    Thank you so much somline. i cant believe how easy it was to get it working. your walkthrough was so much help.
    i spent hours trying to get mytether to work, but just woodnt work for me, and i got this in like 15 min.

internet seems to wokr fine for me. but msn is struggling. cant seem to log in for more than 2 sec, and it just signs me back out.
    i did a speed test and i get about 1.4MB download speed and about 0.4 upload speed. not too great but wtv. i dont really know what expectations to have from tethering.

i currently have a plan from bell from 6 months ago that allows unlmtd data.
    i wonder how much ill be able make use of it now.

once again, big thanks to everyone that helped, especially somline. and if theres any updates on this, ill be sure to keep checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    A question that I can't seem to find a conclusive answer on is for those BELL users that are on the unlimited Data Fab 10 plan that is on longer offered.

Is Bell allowing tethering against this plan as well?
    If I recall, this plan had a "tethering not included clause".

hey teejster, that actually is a good question. i remmeber asking an employee at the store about tethering, and he said that he assumed it was allowed (but it seemed like he didnt even know what tethering was). ill have to check with bell on that one. hopefully they do allow it
    so i had a chat with one of those chat ppl on the bell website, and here is the transcript:

Mandy: Hello, thank you for visiting bell.ca. How may I help you today?
    You: hi, i have a question
    Mandy: Sure, please go ahead.
    You: i have a smartphone data plan with the palm pre
    You: its a plan that i got about 6 monthss ago
    Mandy: That's great to know!!
    You: and i was wondering if tethering is allowed on it
    Mandy: Yes, you need to pay $8/mb for tethering.
    You: but on the website, it says that tethering is allowed and included in the data usage
    Mandy: Yes, it is allowed with your usage However you need to pay for the tethering.
    You: how is that?
    You: does it not just use the data from my plan?
    Mandy: Yes, it use your data also.
    You: it uses up my data off my plan, and i also have to pay $8/mb used?
    Mandy: Yes, you are correct.
    You know what's really interesting with my unlimited data plan is that my usage per session (according to my bill) NEVER EXCEEDS 0.0977 Megabytes !
    So has anyone tried this tethering with Bell and seen if it is included in the unlimited data plan or noticed an extra charge on their bill for tethering ?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sightz212 View Post
    Dont know if i did anything different but

I got MHS working for my Sprint Pre with 1.4

Using WebOS QI i installed:

freetetherd 0.0.3
    MHS (from the german dudes site)
    auto-enable ip patch

rebooted and ITS ALIVE!!! im posting this connected to my webos network

My pre has about 43 patches on it.. da works.. sooo.. i dont know.. check it out

How did you get it to work on Sprint? I have done everything listed and can't get it to work.
    Id like to know if it's included as well.
    cheers!
    I just tried intalling on my bell pre and I get the message that tethering is not part if my plan devices can connect fine but can't access the net.
    It appears as though Bell has added a new "function" that disables the ability to tether with the Pre. This irritates me to say the least, but the only upside is that since buying my Pre, I haven't even brought my laptop out with me

Still sucks on Bell's part though, but I can't say I'm surprised.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    I just tried intalling on my bell pre and I get the message that tethering is not part if my plan devices can connect fine but can't access the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    It appears as though Bell has added a new "function" that disables the ability to tether with the Pre. This irritates me to say the least, but the only upside is that since buying my Pre, I haven't even brought my laptop out with me

Still sucks on Bell's part though, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Hmmm....not sure what is going on because mine still works great!

FYI, I received my March bill from Bell Mobility but it cuts off just one day prior to my reinstalling MHS after the 1.4 update so I can't say whether any extra charges are showing up.

Anyone else get their bill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Hmmm....not sure what is going on because mine still works great!

FYI, I received my March bill from Bell Mobility but it cuts off just one day prior to my reinstalling MHS after the 1.4 update so I can't say whether any extra charges are showing up.

Anyone else get their bill?
    Interesting.. I'll give this method a shot, as I was using MyTether before, and that's where I was getting the message. Strange that some would get it and some wouldn't.. but I'll give this a go and see for myself.

edit: Yup, this method works fine for me.
    Last edited by dscott23; 03/25/2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Tethering is not free on Bell Mobility if you're on the 500MB plan. If you're willing to add CAD10 a month to your plan, the 1MB should include free Tethering
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlaten View Post
    Tethering is not free on Bell Mobility if you're on the 500MB plan. If you're willing to add CAD10 a month to your plan, the 1MB should include free Tethering
    I'm on the umlimited plan which is no longer available but I have it for another 2.5 years! Should I expect to see any charges on my next bill for using MHS?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    you can't use wifi on pre while tethering because now your pre is an accesspoint. The question is: does your provider wants more money for tethering. I can't guarantie for it, but I assume that's the freetether is for.
    I read the fine print on my Bell contract and it does mention that tethering would be extra charge, but don't know if they would notice with freetether if we have unlimited plans.
    I have the unlimited plan and it doesn't include tethering.
    My Smartphone Combo clearly states tethering is included.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Since the 1.4.1 update, MHS has stopped working for me. Laptop shows that it is connected but can't get online!!!! Anyone else have problems since updating to 1.4.1?

On a positive note, paid apps are wonderful!!!!!
    where can i download the files for Freetether and Mobile Hotspot. From the links you have provided i was able to download "auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch".
    =========================
    5. Install freetetherD by visiting our heros jason post for your device
    (downloaded, however it gave me the the file i named above)
    6. Install MHS from my post (last entry in that post)
    (cant locate)
    7. Install the enable auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch from, again our hero jason (so happy he did not leave us)
    (this is the file i got from step 5)
    help!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast