View Poll Results: What happens when you run the GPS interactive test on your verizon pre plus?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I get coordinates

9 25.00%
  • I get an error message that says: "No signal was detected."

9 25.00%
  • I get a different error message

1 2.78%
  • I don't have a Verizon pre plus but love voting in polls that don't apply to me!

17 47.22%
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm trying to see how widespread an issue that I've been having is.

If you have a palm pre plus from verizon and are running 1.4 please do the follwing:

Go to device info, go into interactive tests, run the GPS test and please vote in the poll and post your results. I've been having some serious issues with two pres now and want to pin down if it's a hardware or software issue.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    To start off the discussion I keep getting the "No signal was detected." error message no matter where I try to run the test. This was true of my original pre plus and now the refurb one verizon sent me. I suspect that I'm just an unlucky person hardware wise as I've tried everything to fix it on the software end including webos doctor and dummy palm profiles.
    (hi everyone, first post )

I tried this at work initially and got an error message. I imagine it was because the reception in my building is horrid, I had two bars. On my way home I stopped at a stop sign and tried it again, got coordinates. I tried it three times since then (at lights) to make sure it wasn't a fluke outside of my building and it worked each time. However, now that I'm at home (with all my bars) I once again get a "no signal was detected" error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    (hi everyone, first post )

I tried this at work initially and got an error message. I imagine it was because the reception in my building is horrid, I had two bars. On my way home I stopped at a stop sign and tried it again, got coordinates. I tried it three times since then (at lights) to make sure it wasn't a fluke outside of my building and it worked each time. However, now that I'm at home (with all my bars) I once again get a "no signal was detected" error message.
    you are tryingoutside ur house correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    you are tryingoutside ur house correct?
    I tried both, just to test. I get coordinates outside consistently and do not get coordinates inside of any building, regardless of how strong the reception is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I tried both, just to test. I get coordinates outside consistently and do not get coordinates inside of any building, regardless of how strong the reception is.
    It has nothing to do with the number of bars your phone has. It has everything to do with the number of satellites visible to the gps. You need a clear view of the sky for your gps to function correctly. It may work alright near a window depending on your location (major city as opposed to the middle of Montana badlands) but usually not so much standing in the middle of your living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It has nothing to do with the number of bars your phone has. It has everything to do with the number of satellites visible to the gps. You need a clear view of the sky for your gps to function correctly. It may work alright near a window depending on your location (major city as opposed to the middle of Montana badlands) but usually not so much standing in the middle of your living room.
    Ahh, gotcha! Thanks for clarification. But the good news is, it works consistently when I'm outside so I know that it works properly.
    You should run state that "Use Google Services" should be disabled. I don't know if it will grab coordinates from cell tower triangulation in this test, but a test should be done to check.

So far, I've not really had good experience speaking with other VZ Pre Plus owners and getting GPS to work right when this option is disabled.
    I couldn't get anything in the house (duh), so I went outside and I got coordinates.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    So it seems to me the issue is this: with 1.3.5.1 i would always get coordinates no matter what. with 1.4 it seems that I need to have VZnavigator open to even get coordinates in the test. Before I just needed it open if i wanted to get accurate google map results.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    So it seems to me the issue is this: with 1.3.5.1 i would always get coordinates no matter what. with 1.4 it seems that I need to have VZnavigator open to even get coordinates in the test. Before I just needed it open if i wanted to get accurate google map results.