1.    #1  
    How hard would it be to develop a app for it? Im wondering if anyone has pondered this...i think it might be do-able just unsure what the process would be like.
    what about seeding?
  3.    #3  
    ask a full ? on that one...what about the seeding?
    i believe one does exist called rtorrent am not positive
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    ask a full ? on that one...what about the seeding?
    i guess i would be apprehensive about the performance of the phone while seeding.

seems like it might really bog things down. but that's just a guess.
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i guess i would be apprehensive about the performance of the phone while seeding.

seems like it might really bog things down. but that's just a guess.
    Now i gotcha and you raise a very good ?...i was just curiuos if it was possible and if something was out there like it already. Im sure in the next couple years we will be seeing really nice improvement in this area.
  7.    #8  
    i dont think that one is working properly.
    Your provider might get a bit ****ed off if you start torrenting from your phone...

Just pointing out the obvious.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Your provider might get a bit ****ed off if you start torrenting from your phone...

Just pointing out the obvious.
    this is true lol. So what.
    Bell Mobility specifically forbids torrenting in Canada.

You are responsible to prudently protect and safeguard your Device (including any SIM card) against loss, abuse, theft or damage, and for the use of your Device and the Services by you and any other persons, except as provided under Section 18 above. You shall not use or allow others to use the Service or your Device if such use:

is for multi-media streaming, continuous data transmission or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine to machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing, voice over Internet protocol or any other application which uses excessive network capacity that is not made available to you by Bell;
    but then again, Bell doesn't let us do much of anything.
    yeaaaah... Yet they have radio apps....
    I get pretty good 3G speeds on my pre on O2 UK but if everyone started using torrents I reckon the network would get saturated pretty quickly.

Home broadband - yeah go for it if you want to (although it's definitely one of the riskier ways of downloading IMHO) but please not on your phone!

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by litrelord View Post
    I get pretty good 3G speeds on my pre on O2 UK but if everyone started using torrents I reckon the network would get saturated pretty quickly.

Home broadband - yeah go for it if you want to (although it's definitely one of the riskier ways of downloading IMHO) but please not on your phone!

Nick
    +1
    Pre|central Peacekeepers