Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Maybe a bit of competition from QuickOffice might encourage them ?
    I completely agree, at this point we're all at their mercy for a good native app. DTG was free on Treo, the upgrade with added features was a paid version. I was more than happy to pay for the upgrade but to give us some flimzy doc viewer is absolutely ridiculous. This is in no way a good business practice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I completely agree, at this point we're all at their mercy for a good native app. DTG was free on Treo, the upgrade with added features was a paid version. I was more than happy to pay for the upgrade but to give us some flimzy doc viewer is absolutely ridiculous. This is in no way a good business practice...
    Agree - While I am happy with the looks of the DTG we do have, I am baffled by the lack of the full program at this point in time. At launch, when I saw the DataViz logo on the wall I assumed DTG would do it the same way they did on my Centro. Oh well, guess we will have to wait and see who does it first. I love but Pre but I keep catching myself saying over and over......it is a first year phone......it is a first year phone......
    I've been keeping an eye on them.......I would buy in a heartbeat. I used it quite a lot on my 650, kinda hated to see it go when I went with the 800w. Didn't need it, then, I had Office Mobile with the phone. The travesty that that program is. I'm sure it will come out, but they do have to dedicate more time to already released product to a point.
    maybe the pdf lawsuit has something to do with all this... http://www.precentral.net/copyright-...d-against-palm havent heard anything on this in a while
    What exactly is "early 2010" supposed to mean?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    No one exactly knows what it means, and they aren't talking.

Thats the part that really sucks. Just give us a yes or a no, don't keep dragging this on.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm following or whatever Docs to Go on facebook and they had a blurb that it was available on the I (choke) phone. But didn't say anything about WebOS. I commented about when it would be available for WebOS, of course it was ignored.
    Only vague statements on twitter too.

Twitter / DataViz, Inc.: @headgamer Yep; we had a h ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    If I were developer and looked at the volume of paid Apps purchased
    on Palm Catelog vs the amount of free down loads, I would not spend the time or money. Developers can not give away their Apps forever. The biggest download on Palm Cat. is a free App (Pandora). The Palm Web OS is one big cheap community that is just hot air. Support yoiur Developer, Buys some some Apps. Dataviz is business to make money. My son tells me that Docs to Go is one of the top grossing Apps at Apple. Money talks and BS walks as the saying goes.
    Chiming back in - Traveling down the "money Talks - bull-scheiße walks" trail I logged into DataViz "My Accounts" area and was reminded that I've had D2G since version 4.006, the last PalmOs version I paid for was v11. By my rekoning (and I may be wrong) but that is SEVEN upgrades that I have paid for since the release of this product. DataViz has their share of my money - AND WILL GET MORE OF IT with the release of a WebOs version.

As a Verizon customer I do not have access to the iPhone, frankly I wouldn't take an iPhone if I was paid to - why? I am loyal to the Palm brand, having purchased devices in on form or another for me and my spouse since the PalmIII.

I am VERY disappointed with DataViz' silence, just as the open letter so eloquently states, an update from DataViz would NOT BE too much to ask for.

Anybody have the email address to their PRPRPR $firm$ $or$ $corporate$ $communications$ $office$????
    Maybe if you make an app thats worth my while...i'll actually buy it...
    I don't know much about developing apps, but is there something stopping any other developer from making an app like this? I would think it would be more difficult due to its functionality, but to control that entire market would be a nice position to be in.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    They need to see that it's worth their time to make the app. Can't say I blame them.
    Just an Official Release from Dataviz they will be ready with Docs TO Go For Web OS this Septober 2010!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Burgess View Post
    I have Documents To Go version 11 (current) on a Tungsten T3. I would love to move my phone and palm to one device and the Pre looks great.

Is version 11 the version you successfully ported?
    I have read that DataViz 10.002 and 11.0 for the Palm OS 5.4.8 will "WORK" on the Palm Pre Web OS via the "Classic" emulator. Does "WORK" mean that it will READ, WRITE, and SYNC to the DocToGo desk top in my Mac ?? Or does WORK mean READ only ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    Just an Official Release from Dataviz they will be ready with Docs TO Go For Web OS this Septober 2010!!!
    Can you post a link please? It's not on their web page.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    That doesn't sound like "Early 2010" to me.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Today I received the following answer regarding the functionality of DTG ( in Palm OS, i.e. 10 or 11) with the "Classic" emulator as used on the Palm Pre:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to users' reports DocsToGo does fully work with Classic.

We are not able to successfully address this question because we cannot test and support third party apps. So even if we did run DocsToGo successfully, only a developer of this app can confirm it's compatibility.

At this point the best we can do is suggest you to try it out during your trial period because we offer a fully functional 7 days trial.

Regarding Bluetooth, we are not able to give any timelines and product roadmap yet.
    I called DataViz Sales yesterday to see if I could find any information on Documents ToGo for WebOS.
    According to the salesman the iPhone and Android are the HOT markets, so most of their development efforts are aimed at those markets. But WebOS has not been abandoned, it's just not getting the same level of development effort (translates to not much work on the WebOS version).
    I'm guessing that was an attempt at humor (albeit stupid humor) since there is no official release date from DataViz for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Can you post a link please? It's not on their web page.
    Yeah, and Septober is not on my calendar either.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast