Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having problems with random reboots post 1.4? Every once in awhile it seems like my phone will just reboot. Today I was going to go read an email and then the screen faded to black and the Palm logo came up for 3 or 4 minutes while it rebooted. I'm not sure that it's a full reboot because I never get the spinning dot in the middle, so it might just be a Luna reset or something.

Does the phone log these things somewhere? Is there a way to tell what was running when it happened?
    Same here, twice a day now since 1.4.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yep - me as well. Often happens when the Pre will not turn on - gets hung up after the screen turns off. Then multiple pushes to the on button oftens ends in a reboot. Never had this problem until 1.4.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Yep - me as well. Often happens when the Pre will not turn on - gets hung up after the screen turns off. Then multiple pushes to the on button oftens ends in a reboot. Never had this problem until 1.4.
    Yep, mine does that too. Or I will go to unlock it and the yellow dot (the one you drag to unlock) will be stuck up top while the phone is frozen and then it finally reboots. Pretty annoying.
    Same here.... does anyone know why? or if their is going to be a fix soon...

Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Same here, twice a day now since 1.4.
    same here...never with pre1.4
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I guess a lot of people are facing this issue, including me.

Around 2-3 times everyday for me.
    Yes. I have doctored and reloaded 1.4 three times. Still has random reboots (almost exclusively when I push the power button to wake up the screen and nothing happens).
    How many of you have terminal installed?

When i removed terminal the random reboots stopped!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

i don't have terminal
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i crash at least once per day when trying to unlock the screen. i don't have terminal installed.
    At least once a day for me. This is how it goes for me though. I will press the lock button, nothing, I'll try again, nothing. So I slide it open, it will show my screen and then go black and show Palm and reboot. It's pretty lame.
    I do, I just deleted it see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

i get the reboots literally every time i update apps thru preware
    I got random reboots on both Pres.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing random reboots. It's been couple of days since my last involuntary reboot.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    I had that happen to me last night. Frustrating. When I got the phone back up again, my battery seems to be draining faster than ever. When I first loaded 1.4 it seemed my battery life had improved dramatically. Now it's really pathetic.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but occassionally some of my contacts just seem to disappear from the phone (Not the Facebook contacts of course). I'm really not sure what's going on there.
    No luck here, still rebooting!
    I had the same exact issue a right after 1.4 update. Removed preware completely from phone along with a partial erase and reboot stopped completely. Everytime I reloaded preware on the phone the problem comes back. Preware is off my phone now until palm issues another update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast