1.    #1  
    Is there any feature or patch to prevent the screen from rotating?

For example, if I am laying on my couch browsing the web or in an app that supports both portait & landscape...I will often hold the phone at an angle. I often end up having to change my position to prevent the screen from rotating back and forth.

Thanks!
    uhmmm....if there was a patch for that, i wont install it because it will eventually miss with the accelerometer....Unless if it was specified by palm..Just my 2 cents..
  3.    #3  
    I agree a global patch would not be smart, but if it was a menu option that could easily be enabled/disabled...I would use it often.
    There was a patch that when you opened the slider it locked the orientation in the browser. I'm not sure if its available for 1.4 but I had it at one point. it was nice.
  5.    #5  
    Ooo, exactly what I could use. I'll look around...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    There was a patch that when you opened the slider it locked the orientation in the browser. I'm not sure if its available for 1.4 but I had it at one point. it was nice.
    "slider blocks orientation change" was available for the browser only. Maintainer in Prepared is (wa) Keytoss. Now if we could only get it into email (since Webos 2-3 email won't stay put) and the browser (again, 2 and 3) I'd be happy
    Last edited by copasetic; 12/07/2011 at 03:19 AM.
    Screen Lock by Cloud.Qi gives you the option to disable it in the browser via the context menu.
    i have it installed on my 1.45 pre minus, and it works fine. Looked for it in preware. Keytoss slider orientation, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Screen Lock by Cloud.Qi gives you the option to disable it in the browser via the context menu.
    I didn't know about Screen Lock but it works under 2.x It makes rotation rather slow regardless of menu selection but it sorta works, well enough to make do. Thanks!
    Last edited by copasetic; 12/07/2011 at 03:17 AM. Reason: information added
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'd like a global screen lock for my pre3. I often carry my phone in my pocket and when I check emails they are sideways for a while. What's the chance?

alan
    globally would be great, as long as it does not disable the sensor (may be bad for some apps/ games). Maybe w/ a way to config exceptions.
    I have some that were locked the wrong way with the new context menu patch. Yes it works, and I am glad it's tiny. However, imadoofus, how do we UN-lock the screen? Basically now whenever I go to that page, regardless of my phone's orientation, it's stuck the way I locked it...I suppose it connects to history somehow?