1.    #1  
    The Pre Plus is listed first as CNET's Reader's Choice. I don't think this mean's it's #1, just that it's one of the top 10--I have no idea what criteria CNET uses to list them, but I remember reading somewhere that it's not by number of votes or such.

Still very nice to see it when the list first pops up. Palm Pre Plus (Verizon Wireless) - CNET readers' favorite smartphones (photos) - CNET Reviews
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    If you look a bit closer, it's listed as the number 1 webOS device, not the #1 smartphone, so that really isn't saying all that much.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    If you look a bit closer, it's listed as the number 1 webOS device, not the #1 smartphone, so that really isn't saying all that much.
    That's not at all how I read this. Yes, it says it "earns its place as the top WebOS device," but that must mean that it earns its spot on this list as the top webOS device. That is, of all the webOS devices out there, it's this one specifically that earns its place among the top 10 smartphones.

Since it's not broken out by platforms (e.g., aren't "top webOS phones" and "top Android phones" and "top RIM phones" categories) I think this is the only way to read what's written here.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic