Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Okay, after sitting on the sidelines in an area with no Sprint for the phone I really wanted, and no AT&T for the phone I was willing to take, I've finally jumped on with Verizon and jut ordered my $39 Pre Plus. Finally, I'm back to a Palm device after years of wandering in the Blackberry desert. Yea me!

Scoob
    Scoob
    Welcome back

You won't find much of your old palm here... but WebOS is very exciting, and evolving at a rapid pace... 2 months from now the app store is likely to explode in an iphone style gold rush.. the interface is amazing, and webos internals keeps spitting the hotness.

Plenty to keep you busy.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Welcome back

You won't find much of your old palm here... but WebOS is very exciting, and evolving at a rapid pace... 2 months from now the app store is likely to explode in an iphone style gold rush.. the interface is amazing, and webos internals keeps spitting the hotness.

Plenty to keep you busy.
    pretty much sums it up. Welcome and enjoy.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks.

I've haven't really moved too far away. The last Palm OS I had was the 650 and was a great phone but had zero sex appreal. I've been watching from the bench and have tried to do as much as possible to keep up on WebOS. I even bought Palm stock last year in January knowing how good this was gonna be. (yes, bailed out before it slid back down)Looking forward to Palm's future.
    Scoob
    Congrats
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie10 View Post
    Okay, after sitting on the sidelines in an area with no Sprint for the phone I really wanted, and no AT&T for the phone I was willing to take, I've finally jumped on with Verizon and jut ordered my $39 Pre Plus. Finally, I'm back to a Palm device after years of wandering in the Blackberry desert. Yea me!

Scoob
    Welcome aboard. You're going to like it here :-)

First order of business: Preware.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Preware?
    Scoob
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Welcome
    Preware?
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

And if you are interested in exploring beyond just simply using what others have contributed:

Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Preware?
    I would say first order of business learn WebOS. Coming from a BB you'll have plenty to learn and get used to like Gestures, Synergy, Universal search, Email intergration etc. Preware is the bomb but I wouldn't jump in to soon. Seen to many noobs having problems because they jumped into Preware to fast.

Welcome!!! and this is a good place to start.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    It was only $39?? O.o
    Welcome back! I too just came back to a palm made OS. I have been stuck in Windows mobile hell for a few years and finally cut the strings.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

And if you are interested in exploring beyond just simply using what others have contributed:

Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Wow, you guys have been busy haven't you! I've got couple o days to wait on shipping...... time to catch up on my WebOS reading.
    Thanks for the linky
    Scoob
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    It was only $39?? O.o
    Yes, and it was via our own PreCentral.net non the less.

Linky to the offer
    Scoob
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Welcome back!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Once you get familiar with the WebOs and the phone, venture into the Preware side and it will open your eyes to a whole new way of enjoying the phone. All you need to do is take it slow at first and you will wonder what you did without it. Enjoy your new phone!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo