1.    #1  
    I racked my brain over this and can't find any info on it. I tried connecting my Sony PS3 to the mobile hotspot and it wont grab an IP, Laptops and other smartphones can grab an IP just fine but the PS3 wont.

Right now I dropped the $40 plan since I wont be able to use it I might go the other route but I want to make sure others have it working before I put the effort into it.

Does anyone have issues with PS3 and Tethering to the Palm Pre?
    hi if that helps I us mytether with my xbox360 it seems to work. No problem at all well not true with update 1.4 it doesn't connect to the xbox360 but an older version does and funny thing the older mytether works either way I found out both mytheter and mobile hot spot use the device connect info and it seems it doesn't allow to connect to ps3 xbox360 but the older version from my there didn't had that info it just hat tehtering without looking for a device connected option and that seemed to work I have 2 pre so I have one mainly inter tethering use the old tether installer what doesn't look for a device connected and thia one works . It must have to do something with it that no device connected thing. Hmmm maybe that helps you a little
  3.    #3  
    So more then likely if I get mytether or an older version of it, it should work. I wonder why it broke when going from the old one to the new one.
    i dont really know tether works fine with everything else maybe its because the xbox360/ps3 cant really connect to it they kinda feed of it u know what i mean? they detect an wifi spot and then connect but and laptop works somewhat different and gives a different signal out what works its strange.
    hre you go, a tutorial I did a lil bit ago,

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...0-psp-etc.html
    YOu wanna use the internet from your phone for online gaming?

WOW! how fast is verizon's network? I'm on the old bell network (they recently released a new hspa network which is supose to be faster, but we have the cdma pre so i'm on the old network), and my speeds are at like 40KBs.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post

WOW! how fast is verizon's network? I'm on the old bell network (they recently released a new hspa network which is supose to be faster, but we have the cdma pre so i'm on the old network), and my speeds are at like 40KBs.
    You'd be suprised at the speeds you get with run on sentences.
    I have played online using hotspot with no issues before with both PS3 & Xbox 360
    well its pretty fast u can download youtube vidoes like right away on best quality with ur phone as modem and i use sprint cant say how fast verizon is but on sprint its fast.
    @draztikrhymez and i tried it already with mytether putting all the informations in it just dont wanna connected regardless on my xbox360
    Is Mobile Hot Spot only for Verizon users?
  12.    #12  

No I was more looking into updating the PS3 and games that can download updates like Dragon Age
  13.    #13  

[QUOTE=draztikrhymez;2302722]hre you go, a tutorial I did a lil bit ago,

the main prob I have with your tutorial is I don,t have a pc/laptop at home I can get that info at work but when I get home wouldn't the end of the ip be .1 instead of .2
    Quote Originally Posted by isotope View Post
    Is Mobile Hot Spot only for Verizon users?
    Google MyTether
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive