Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Starting this sunday th 14th the Pre will be free at Radioshack for new customers, just letting everyone know. So will the pixi.
    That's pretty cool, I wonder if they have any deals on 2 yr upgrade pricing?
    Sales or this permanent?
    I'm assuming this is the Sprint Palm Pre?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    For how long?
    Wait and if it is free how does this go for Palm sales, lets say idk 500,000 customers pick up free pre's, is that a good thing for palm sales? or bad..

ps i know 500,000 is not reality just a question

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    Wait and if it is free how does this go for Palm sales, lets say idk 500,000 customers pick up free pre's, is that a good thing for palm sales? or bad..

Fortunately this is not Palm's stock of phones. Radioshack buys them and then sells them for whatever they wish. The money Radioshack, Bestbuy etc. receive is from Sprint/Verizon/ATT and from accessories.

So no, this will not hurt Palm.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  8.    #8  
    the prices change typically every week to 2 weeks, so its possible it will go back up but for the next week til the 27th itll be free. Upgrade will be 79.99
    Yup, it is. Radioshack does not offer Verizon. Bummer, I'd almost consider it for the Pre Plus to switch to Verizon. However, my sprint contract bill is $81/month after taxes for the unlimited text/data $69.99 plan and the equipment replacement program.

A comparable plan and equipment protection program on Verizon would be $96/month BEFORE taxes. Yeesh, can't stomach that. My Sprint service is too reliable to give up for that . Plus the free mobile to any carriers mobile number is a huge deal. That, and night and weekends start at 7pm, not 9pm.

Guess I'll hang on for the next Webos Device on sprint or the Palm Pre Plus making it to Sprint.

End users are not Palm's "customers", the retailers are. Palm is not giving them away to Radio Shack. If 500,000 customers pick up free Pre's, Palm will have increased sales, Radio Shack will have had a successful campaign, and will have made a ton of money on new contracts to offset the subsidized free phones.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Hmmm...$79.99 for the upgrade? Might be enough to finally push me over the edge (currently using a Curve 8330m). My wife went from a Centro to a Pre a few weeks ago and likes it, although she's really only used it for a phone and email so far.
    The only problem for Palm is that while this will undoubtedly move an indeterminate number of Pre or Pixi phones, it also costs them because of the sometimes lowly perception of any phone that's free on contract. Not a Palm-specific problem, but it's a problem nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Anyone here familiar with the Pre warrantee through Radio Shack? I've heard others in this forum mention a one year warrantee yet the Radio Shack sales person I spoke with recently said the warrantee was 30 days! Is the one year warrantee a Sprint thing? I would expect them to be all the same and the warrantee would be through the manufacturer (Palm). Any clarification here?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Verizon no longer @ the shack, so yea Sprint
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    You guys really need to get some discounts on your Sprint bill. I get 25% off for being a member of a credit union. Talk with your Sprint rep at the store and find out what discounts you qualify for, they'll find something for you. I pay about $55 a month for the $69.99 plan.
    Do you have a link? I can't find this anywhere on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The only problem for Palm is that while this will undoubtedly move an indeterminate number of Pre or Pixi phones, it also costs them because of the sometimes lowly perception of any phone that's free on contract. Not a Palm-specific problem, but it's a problem nonetheless.
    Free Blackberries don't seem to have hurt Rim's image any...
    Because that's a brand with intrinsic value. Non-tech saavy people look at any phone with a front-facing QWERTY and wonder if that's a Blackberry or...shudder..."Crackberry".

What value does the Pre or Pixi brand have to the public-at-large?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    the prices change typically every week to 2 weeks, so its possible it will go back up but for the next week til the 27th itll be free. Upgrade will be 79.99
    I guess I might be renewing my contract this weekend. I've been using the pixi because I like the keyboard so I've been holding off upgrading the next webos device is released. But I might give in if this is true. I looked on their site but didn't see anything, you have an inside source lol? I hope your serious because I'm all over this 79.99 upgrade.

Attached is their current promotion I found online. $129.99 for an upgrade, which is better than Sprint will do but not good enough.

Renewing my contract would only be worth it if I can get the pre for $79.99.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I guess I might be renewing my contract this weekend. I've been using the pixi because I like the keyboard so I've been holding off upgrading the next webos device is released. But I might give in if this is true. I looked on their site but didn't see anything, you have an inside source lol? I hope your serious because I'm all over this 79.99 upgrade.

Attached is their current promotion I found online. $129.99 for an upgrade, which is better than Sprint will do but not good enough.

Renewing my contract would only be worth it if I can get the pre for $79.99.
    Im a manager for a store and was just looking the the price tag changes this sunday and those are in there. I assure you its true, at least at my store. The warranty unless you purchase the radioshack plan is 30 days then palm/sprint store.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast