Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hey i know that best buy usually offers new customer price even when ur upgrading, does radioshack do the same or do they still try and hit u up for the upgrade price...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    You guys really need to get some discounts on your Sprint bill. I get 25% off for being a member of a credit union. Talk with your Sprint rep at the store and find out what discounts you qualify for, they'll find something for you. I pay about $55 a month for the $69.99 plan.
    +1. I did some plan changing a while back and the salesman at a local Sprint store told me that once you get a discount, you never lose it. He said that if they think they're going to lose a customer that they're told to fit them into whatever discount plan they can find for them in order to get them to stay.
    I was bidding on a Pre on Ebay when I found this. Luckily, I was outbid, and am now on hold with Radioshack waiting to order mine. (The Shack is closed now) =D

Thanks so much to kgbcapthowdy for posting this!

Update: $89.98 After shipping if ordered online/over phone!
    Last edited by AndrewAlex1992; 03/14/2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Update My price
    just an FYI, I work for radioshack to, we do have the 30 day warranty, and there is the one year manufactors warranty also. And typically these are the options for the 1 year warranty. After 30 days you can go to a local sprint store (that is a repair center) and have them attempt to fix the manufacturers defect on it. If they cannot fix it they normally send you where ever you bought the phone to get it service.(this case radioshack) under the warranty the phone gets service to radioshacks service center, in 2 to 3 weeks you should get ur phone back. Depending on the work it should be free if not then of course you will have to pay. You can skip this and go to palm directly and go through them.

I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND radioshack warranty. It is cheaper than the 2 year TEP for sprint ($7 mo/$84 yr/$100 deductible ), but the extended warranty you buy at radioshack is the same as the normal 1 year manufacturers warranty. This warranty you pay covers only manufacturers defect and no physical damage, lost, or stolen. You can get a temporary phone, while your phone is being serviced. you just need to provide a credit card.

oh and as a tip for anyone goin ask the radioshack associate for activation fee waivers, and ask!!! This is something free you can get just ask if the sales associate does not offer the fee waiver. get some cool accessories if you want, but avoid that stupid screen protector deal! (unless you want it for other devices than your pre) the screen protectors fail completely on the pre and you can get good ones that cover the full screen of the pre on ebay for 4bucks and for a pack of 3 or 5.
    Last edited by acekilla; 03/14/2010 at 11:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    If you buy with Radio Shack can you still get the TEP added through Sprint? I may do the $79 upgrade this week and looking for any reason why I shouldn't. The final pocket cost would be $79 if you get the activation waved (and sprint customer service should wave it on a premiere account anyway) VS buying through Sprint online $249 pocket cost - $100 mail in rebate - $50 online purchase service credit = $99 final cost but hassle of a rebate and service credit (no activation fee ever appears though)
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    oh and as a tip for anyone goin ask the radioshack associate for activation fee waivers, and ask!!! This is something free you can get just ask if the sales associate does not offer the fee waiver. get some cool accessories if you want, but avoid that stupid screen protector deal! (unless you want it for other devices than your pre) the screen protectors fail completely on the pre and you can get good ones that cover the full screen of the pre on ebay for 4bucks and for a pack of 3 or 5.
    YMMV on the having the activation fees waived. I know our store has no way of waving the fees since our rep refuses to and Sprint's activation system removed the option to waive fees a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    If you buy with Radio Shack can you still get the TEP added through Sprint? I may do the $79 upgrade this week and looking for any reason why I shouldn't. The final pocket cost would be $79 if you get the activation waved (and sprint customer service should wave it on a premiere account anyway) VS buying through Sprint online $249 pocket cost - $100 mail in rebate - $50 online purchase service credit = $99 final cost but hassle of a rebate and service credit (no activation fee ever appears though)
    You can ask for TEP to be added, it's an available option for associates. Sprint also has open TEP enrollment this month so if you did not have it added, Sprint will still add TEP for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    YMMV on the having the activation fees waived. I know our store has no way of waving the fees since our rep refuses to and Sprint's activation system removed the option to waive fees a long time ago.
    WOW then i wonder how i still get them to my customer... doesn't matter still ask it does not hurt to try to get them, i got a sprint rep that hands then out like candy.

oh for the TEP, the day your phone is activated you have 30 days to add the TEP. You can call sprint yourself, go to sprint store, or visit sprints website to chat with support. but after this month and 30 days of the activation no more TEP.
    double post sorry
    I was planning on adding a line this week, so this is just perfect.

And since Best Buy does price matching, I can get them to match it, and not have to worry about an activation fee....
    Premier customers usually do have it waved. However, my store only personally asks for the fees to be waved in order to keep a sale for a regular customer. Why? Because if too many people nix the activation fee, which goes towards subsidizing the handsets, then something else will get more expensive, and we might not be able to fix that.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So glad this was posted, I saw it on the 12th and was pumped because I made a stupid mistake by leaving Sprint a few months ago (not sure why, I was paying $90 for one line on AT&T, my old Sprint plan was $20 cheaper and had better coverage). So I went in to The Shack yesterday and picked up a Pre and a Pixi for free w/ a Family data plan.

Couldn't be happier, especially since I finally have a webOS device.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I am now a Pre owner (Free!) as I jumped ship from Verizon to Sprint. KgbCaptHowdy, thanks for the heads-up and also a copy of the ad. The associate I worked with was fairly new and working by himself. He wasn't aware of the sale as nothing was marked or advertised. He took some numbers off of the ad copy and verified that it was on sale. It was a long slow process especially porting my number. I was there for 2 hours as he kept stumbling around, learning... and trying to wait on other customers also. He was very pleasant and I felt sorry for him knowing he was doing his best and just lacked a little experience. (It does appear that employees come and go quickly in that store.)

And AceKilla, thanks for the warrantee info. That was an outstanding question of mine. You provided that info just in time!

You guys rock!

Oh! And I did ask for a waiver for the Activation Fee - no dice there but he did throw in a package of WriteRight screen protectors. I don't know how good they are but the price is right!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123