1.    #1  
    the original setting for the palm pre has the launcher page(s) somewhat transparent.

I installed a "black out" theme -- just a simple black theme -- and it made the launcher page opaque black instead of transparent.

is there a way to make the launcher page transparent or should I just remove the them ?

also, in 1.4, are you guys getting transparent boxes/apps when opening ?

for example, if you click on the messaging icon, it comes up glowing, but the box itself is also somewhat transparent (i noticed this with the new theme I installed maybe it's just the theme)
    You can the launcher pages pretty transparent with webOS QI, that's what I used. Installs as a patch, change-launcher-opacity or something like that.
    It can be made transparent by switching the launcher background with a transparent image. There is a patch that allows this to be changed but it doesn't work with themes. I think you're best bet is to search the forum to find out the details of how to change it the "hard" way or to uninstall the theme if you have to have a clear launcher.
  4.    #4  
    I have trouble using QI

is that the only way ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    You can the launcher pages pretty transparent with webOS QI, that's what I used. Installs as a patch, change-launcher-opacity or something like that.
    I thought a theme overwrites that... Of course I could be mistaken.
  6.    #6  
    ok and for the 2nd question:

I know 1.4 brought with it the "glowing" feature when opening apps etc. but are those boxes transparent for you ? (because it is for me -- perhaps its the theme I installed?)
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I thought a theme overwrites that... Of course I could be mistaken.
    I don't know because I don't use themes, I change the things I need to without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    ok and for the 2nd question:

I know 1.4 brought with it the "glowing" feature when opening apps etc. but are those boxes transparent for you ? (because it is for me -- perhaps its the theme I installed?)
    It is your theme.

I don't know because I don't use themes, I change the things I need to without one.
    Same here, I'm just reiterating what I was told.