Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am still on the 700p. I was looking into the Palm Pre and I was wondering if you think that waiting for the Palm Pre Plus equivalent on Sprint was worth it or if going with the 1st gen Pre was the sooner/faster bet? How soon before Sprint gets the 2nd gen pre?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Wait for this summer to get the next gen webOS device.
    There is no word at all that Palm is going to have another Pre on Sprint or any other carrier this summer or ever. Go buy one now. Any person with a legitimate objective piece of evidence PLEASE post it or stfu.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Wait for this summer to get the next gen webOS device.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I was having the same debate. I'm on their "Sprint Premiere" deal so I get a new phone every 12 months.
    I figured, "what the heck" and got the Pre rather than wait - my Centro was dying anyway.

If you don't have the flexibility of getting a new phone every 12 months, I (personally) would wait until the new hardware comes to Sprint. If I were a betting man, I would expect something coming to Sprint around the July timeframe at the latest.
    what if the "new" webos is on ATT!? "ELAN?"
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    There is no word at all that Palm is going to have another Pre on Sprint or any other carrier this summer or ever. Go buy one now. Any person with a legitimate objective piece of evidence PLEASE post it or stfu.
    So so brave behind a keyboard.
    With a carrier like Sprint - who usually releases new smartphone hardware only between June and November - I don't see any reason to purchase a device in the spring. Wait and see not only what Palm might unleash this summer, but also the competition.

Even if you're deadset on WebOS (and I understand anyone who is), the current Sprint Pre seems to be the shoddiest and most failure-prone of the four WebOS devices currently on the market. Why roll the dice if you don't have to?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Needs more fiber.

bj
    I'll wait... June is not that far away.. Last year we waited 6 months for the Pre...
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I am still on the 700p. I was looking into the Palm Pre and I was wondering if you think that waiting for the Palm Pre Plus equivalent on Sprint was worth it or if going with the 1st gen Pre was the sooner/faster bet? How soon before Sprint gets the 2nd gen pre?
    You wont be disappointed if you go get one now. We have no clue or announcement officially of new hardware. If you wait for new hardware than the next day after buying it, more new hardware will come out that is just what happens in the world of tech
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    You wont be disappointed if you go get one now. We have no clue or announcement officially of new hardware. If you wait for new hardware than the next day after buying it, more new hardware will come out that is just what happens in the world of tech
    The problem is that he shouldn't be waiting for new hardware for more goodies or horsepower, but rather for better build quality and reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    With a carrier like Sprint - who usually releases new smartphone hardware only between June and November - I don't see any reason to purchase a device in the spring. Wait and see not only what Palm might unleash this summer, but also the competition.

Even if you're deadset on WebOS (and I understand anyone who is), the current Sprint Pre seems to be the shoddiest and most failure-prone of the four WebOS devices currently on the market. Why roll the dice if you don't have to?
    Completely agree.

what is "brave" about what I said? Please show me one piece of objective evidence, that is from a reliable source. Please do, or youre just talking out your other end. Thats fact. Does the truth hurt you? awww
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

this is a good point I have been through two sprint pres soooo yeah, quality is deff what i would like to see
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    what is "brave" about what I said? Please show me one piece of objective evidence, that is from a reliable source. Please do, or youre just talking out your other end. Thats fact. Does the truth hurt you? awww
    It's the STFU part, kid.
    I'm sure the OP wasn't expecting your BS.
    Nice job.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't heard any announcement fromt Palm saying they will bring a "new" phone in the next few months, and god knows that after the state of their stocks, they would love to make any positive announcements as soon as possible.

So I would go and get me a Pre as soon as possible, come to the dark side
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
  18.    #18  
    does anyone have any evidence that a new pre is coming out this summer? I am on Sprint Premier. I have been with sprint for 10 years.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    It's the STFU part, kid.
    I'm sure the OP wasn't expecting your BS.
    Nice job.
    How is what I said "BS"?, but what you said, things that you have no actual clue or evidence at all will ever come to fruition, is a legit response? hahaha Your logic amazes me, really. Here I'll do a you response.

"Just wait til October 3rd. The New Pre will be out and it will be better than EVA. Don't get a Pre now."

Yeah, brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    does anyone have any evidence that a new pre is coming out this summer? I am on Sprint Premier. I have been with sprint for 10 years.
    NO. none of them do, and they should STFU. That's the point of my whole initial response.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast