Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    All of the sudden, My proximity sensor has stopped working. When I'm inn a call, I can feel the buttons getting pressed (vibration hack.)The last thing I installed was the video camera flash hack. I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with it. or maybe there is a setting somewhere on the phone where my son accidentally turned it off. Anyone else know of a way to fix this. Thanks
  2. #2  
    Well, you can at least test it by going into:

    -Device info
    -Prefs
    -Interactive tests
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the advice...i testes the proximity sensor and it isn't working correctly. Since this just started happening...is there any chance that it is due to a patch? Is there a way to fix it other then replacing or hard reseting?
  4. #4  
    Well...if you have a hard case and/or a screen protector on your pre then, thats why its not working. Basically, take off the hard case and the screen protector and try the interactive test again..I bet you it'll work...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well...if you have a hard case and/or a screen protector on your pre then, thats why its not working. Basically, take off the hard case and the screen protector and try the interactive test again..I bet you it'll work...
    So that's what it was with yours, huh?
    Cool.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    So that's what it was with yours, huh?
    Cool.
    Yup. i decided to take them off and...it works..........then i...put the screen and the hard case back on and just resulted to turning off the screen with the power button when im on call...so i dont turn it off with my face lol.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yup. i decided to take them off and...it works..........then i...put the screen and the hard case back on and just resulted to turning off the screen with the power button when im on call...so i dont turn it off with my face lol.
  8. #8  
    Interesting that you experience this. After reading your issue, I went into device info and did the interactive screen test and my proximity sensor didn't work. I did the test 5 times straight and it didn't vibrate until the fifth time. My keyboard didn't flash with the next prompt either for that same series of trials. *sigh* Oh..and just for information, I don't have a case or screen protector on my Pre Plus (I know..living dangerously lol)
  9. #9  
    there are known hardware issues with the proximity sensor I'm on my second phone with this problem. the first one would turn off and not turn on till call had hung up, the second one wont activate at all. I'm to get my third one.
  10. #10  
    Oddly enough, this has cleared up on my phone. I restarted it, tried it and every time since then it has worked correctly.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Oddly enough, this has cleared up on my phone. I restarted it, tried it and every time since then it has worked correctly.
    Maybe it "went to sleep"...sometimes things "go to sleep on the Pre"..like the wifi....gps...and much more...even when you set them to "not" go off lol.
  12.    #12  
    well, mine is still cheek dialing...but I'm not about to turn it in for a stock phone and start re patching from scratch.
  13. #13  
    Just wanted to make sure you know that there is another thread with similar title. Someone may want to combine threads.

    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...d-working.html

    Cheers!

    (Sorry, I do not know how to make entire URL appear.)

Posting Permissions