Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    *** is going on with this stupid phone?! It can't start a damn alarm in the morning?! Even nokia 1100 can do it properly!
    Had my pre since launch, use the alarm every morning it hasn't let me down yet!
    although less can be said about keeping time!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I been using the alarm since launch day and it has always worked.
    My alarms have worked flawlessly since launch day... That was until 1.4.

After the update, my main alarm at 5:40 AM started going off twice even though there is only one entry for it in the alarm list. It would go off a few minutes early, 5:36 or 5:37 AM, I dismissed it, then it went off again at 5:40.

The only way to resolve the problem was to delete the alarm and recreate it.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    the alarm screwed me 2 times by now. Both after 1.4
    Am having loads of problems with alarm and time keeping since 1.4. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd overslept, checked my Pre and it said 6:20. This didn't feel right so I turned on the tv and sure enough it was actually 8:10. How the hell can this happen overnight ?
    I use my alarm everyday and have never had a problem. In fact, I just used it 15 minutes ago.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    it doesn't work occasionally and it is a known problem. Search the board before posting.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    it doesn't work occasionally and it is a known problem. Search the board before posting.
    Do you enter each thread that has an already discussed subject and advise people to search the boards? Because I found some threads where your presence is needed... would you like me to give you some links (perhaps you should do it in other forums also, lots of people would love to feel your superhero presence around)? Oh wait... I have better stuff to do...
    Last edited by neodoru; 03/14/2010 at 09:31 PM.
    My alarm only failed me once and it was the day after the 1.4 update. I deleted the alarm and reset it and all has been fine since, thank goodness!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Keep the alarm card or dashboard notification open. DON'T close it out. That should increase your chance of success.
    Alarm hasn't failed me yet. Did you try deleting and resetting your alarm?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    My launch day pre is over 9 months old and it's alarm has never missed a beat.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Keep the alarm card or dashboard notification open. DON'T close it out. That should increase your chance of success.
    That would be very "inelegant", I was hoping that I bought a phone that would "know" how to sound a friggin alarm without using "tips & tricks"!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Alarm hasn't failed me yet. Did you try deleting and resetting your alarm?
    I did, tomorrow will be the first day to test the "new" one. (it works if I set it to sound now for testing... I just want it to sound in the morning )
    Launch day pre here, and even after 1.4 my alarm has been pretty reliable. also note that i have no alarm patch's to modify any alarm features, but don't get me wrong either i have over 60 patch's, but none that has to do with the alarm. are yous guys with problems patching your alarm settings?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I don't use any patch at all (I don't even have preware on the phone). It's a habit I inherited from the iphone, reliable phone=no hacks - apparently this is not the case with the pre .
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    I did, tomorrow will be the first day to test the "new" one. (it works if I set it to sound now for testing... I just want it to sound in the morning )
    Good luck...hope DST doesn't mess with your sleep cycle...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I've had lots of problems on and off with the alarm, I guess I'm just lucky as I generally wake up anyway.
    *** is going on with this stupid phone?! It can't start a damn alarm in the morning?! Even nokia 1100 can do it properly!
    make sure the alarm preference is ON
    i left it off and it didnt work right and one night i turned it on and its worked since
    I don't use any patch at all (I don't even have preware on the phone). It's a habit I inherited from the iphone, reliable phone=no hacks - apparently this is not the case with the pre .
    well i would not go that far on saying a reliable phone= no hacks, when people jailbreak their iphone and are even more happy with the out come of it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast