Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    *** is going on with this stupid phone?! It can't start a damn alarm in the morning?! Even nokia 1100 can do it properly!
    you sure ur not putting the alarm to go off at pm instead of am? Lots of people do that why? idk..loll
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    well i would not go that far on saying a reliable phone= no hacks, when people jailbreak their iphone and are even more happy with the out come of it.
    I was talking about my case. With jailbreak I had some unwanted restarts, apps crashing, apps freezing etc. without it the phone was a breeze .

The alarm has been triggered this morning... buuut it didn't sound (the player couldn't play any song in the list - after a restart the bug disappeared). Luckily my wife's iphone is in good shape and I will be using it's alarm - pre is too dumb for this complicated procedures ).
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    I was talking about my case. With jailbreak I had some unwanted restarts, apps crashing, apps freezing etc. without it the phone was a breeze .

The alarm has been triggered this morning... buuut it didn't sound (the player couldn't play any song in the list - after a restart the bug disappeared). Luckily my wife's iphone is in good shape and I will be using it's alarm - pre is too dumb for this complicated procedures ).
    check that the sound is turned up -- music volume -- sorry if this is a silly suggestion -- also if you have the "no alert during calls" patch installed --uninstall it -- in my case it was turning down all of the volume settings when a call came in --ie ringer and music volume -- and then not turning them back up i missed a couple of calls and was late to work one day til i figured it out

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    it doesn't work occasionally and it is a known problem. Search the board before posting.
    quit it
    after any update or doctor or erase I have found that the alarms and ringtones usually need to be reset . Along with data settings in phone app . By default data roaming is disbled. Along with network settings andprl updates.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you are still having problems after all the help in here I suggest running the all new weobos repair utility 2.0 on your phone to fix any bugs you might have.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the alarm doesn't work at times. Other times it works but you better have the pre on the charger, or it won't work.....since the battery will die whilst you sleep!!
    when it reaches 30% it switches off
    if your phone does that you better get it fixed or replace battery lol . If phone is off and asleep it shouldn't use much at all lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I've never been able to truly rely on my pre's alarm. I still use it to get up in the morning, but only as backup to my more reliable alarm (my old BB curve). My pre's alarm does all sorts of odd things. Sometimes the alarms will delete themselves, sometimes they won't sound, sometimes I'll turn it on at night and it'll set itself to go off "tomorrow" when it's supposed to go off "today". Even my alarm notifications are messed up. If I set an alarm, the notification is a blank rectangle with no words in it...and there's a blue ball next to it as if there's multiple alarms set, but there's no number in the ball and there aren't >_>

In general, I've never been able to rely on my pre for such things. I have tried in the past and it always ends up failing eventually.
    I share in neodoru pain. I have had my phone since Saturday. I do have it all prewared up but I don't believe that would cause it.

I do have NTP configured for sync but I am going to continue to test.

I had a Windows Mobile phone using an app called galarm. It was bullet proof. I have a Ipod Touch that I will use as a backup.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Little by little, the pre starts to look more and more like a WM (woosie's mobile) phone. Bugs all over the place, the speed is awful, the alarm is working when it wants... I'm starting to regret my iphone. Too bad I got used to the multitasking
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Little by little, the pre starts to look more and more like a WM (woosie's mobile) phone. Bugs all over the place, the speed is awful, the alarm is working when it wants... I'm starting to regret my iphone. Too bad I got used to the multitasking
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yeah the stupid phone is acting up really weirdly after the latest update. I am really not able to rely on my alarm anymore. It didnt ring a couple of times since the update and me late for work. Comeon Palm get your head out of your *** and give us a phone that does atleast the basic functions right
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Alarm for me is 100% reliable. Everyday since launch day.

Edit: The Alarm Clock was not available until a later WebOS update, but it has never failed me.
    Last edited by dwdesign; 03/17/2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Inaccurate statement
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    it doesn't work occasionally and it is a known problem. Search the board before posting.
    I just love when people do this...
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    no problems here...use it every week day and never touch it/update it.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My alarm failed me twice...however I think this may be due to some other issue. for instance I checked my phone and found that while system sounds would work, none of my ringers, alerts, music apps or youtube would work at all. I deleted ALL patches from my phone, used WebOSRepair utility and have tested the alarm twice since and it has worked like it did before 1.4. Now I don't know if this has something to do with it but after the update to 1.4 I can tell you that the ONLY ringer that was on my phone, for some reason, was the Pre ringer - all the default sounds and ringers were not there. The repair utility was not out yet so i used WebOSDoctor. I thought everything was ok because the ringers were back and everything seemed fine. I reinstalled my patches, no problem. However, I did notice some patches that should have been gone were still in place after 1.4 update and after WebOSDoctor were run, like my patch for email to show actual words rather than icons - that was still there when it should not have been. I don't know if there was some other issues similar to this that may have affected the sounds on my phone but it seems that the repair utility finally fixed the issue.
    my alarm failed me this morning. Lucky my fiance was there to wake me up 25 mins late. had the dashboard notification on too.... gonna try to delete it and recreate it and also set up a backup alarm on my ihome
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Tried alarm again after using the repair utility..worked again. Good sign that it is back on track. However, I am not going to chance being late again -so time to go shopping for a new alarm! :-b
    Because of the Verizon Palm Pre Plus's alarm issues (over two handsets, AND pre and post-1.4) I now use my old Verizon Blackberry Curve as my alarm.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast