Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Earlier today this fool tried to steal phone while it was on my table. He failed. But like an ***** when I punched him I forgot to put the phone down so it got broken. My new one will be here tomorrow but I have some questions. And before anyone says anything I did do a search before asking this but have found dif responces to them. First, I am aware that my contacts will be saved and will transfer but what about my pics? And also what about my apps will they transfer as well? Now as far as the pics I can always email them to myself to download later but I have ALOT Apps some free others pay apps. Let me know guys and thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    oh and on a side note the other prob with my Pre that happened awhile back was that the power jack stopped working so I bought touchstone so I can't transfer anything that way.
  3. #3  
    dont really know. I recently visited the Dr. and when I signed back into my palm profile only my contacts, music and pics were restored. I visited the doctor again that same day and this time everything was restored(everything being all the stuff that was there before the FIRST doctoring) so i dont really know what to tell you aside from the fact that all patches and homebrew stuff wil be gone.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by solodarkprince View Post
    Earlier today this fool tried to steal phone while it was on my table. He failed. But like an ***** when I punched him I forgot to put the phone down so it got broken. My new one will be here tomorrow but I have some questions. And before anyone says anything I did do a search before asking this but have found dif responces to them. First, I am aware that my contacts will be saved and will transfer but what about my pics? And also what about my apps will they transfer as well? Now as far as the pics I can always email them to myself to download later but I have ALOT Apps some free others pay apps. Let me know guys and thanks in advance!
    only your apps and contacts are going to be there.
  5. #5  
    Anything on /media/internal (the USB drive partition) will be lost. If the USB cable connection isn't working, you might want to figure out SFTP or some other method to access the files on there via Wifi.

    Applications should redownload because they're tied to your Palm profile, but any information within the application will probably be cleared out (save games, SplashID data, etc.) Also, are your contacts on the Palm profile or Google/Facebook? If they're on the Palm profile, I'd personally suggest backing them up to a vcf file using the "Send all contacts via email" patch, just because people have had issues with contacts on the Palm profile in the past.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    dont really know. I recently visited the Dr. and when I signed back into my palm profile only my contacts, music and pics were restored. I visited the doctor again that same day and this time everything was restored(everything being all the stuff that was there before the FIRST doctoring) so i dont really know what to tell you aside from the fact that all patches and homebrew stuff wil be gone.
    I'm sorry but if you don't know,then don't say anything at all. Loll it's a joke by the way..
  7. #7  
    apps should be fine.
    contacts should be fine, but it's pretty hit or miss with the Palm profile backup. hopefully youve used Google or another method to back everything up.

    as far as your pics go, you will have to physically move them off of the device.
  8. #8  
    I've been told that anything stored on the media partition don't get transferred. You could just email the pics to your self or send them to one of the share sites.
  9. #9  
    One way you can save your pics is to email them to yourself, kind of a pain, but maybe just send the important ones.
  10. #10  
    weird when i restored all my media(pics, music) were there. Does the Dr. not actually erase EVERYTHING??
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    weird when i restored all my media(pics, music) were there. Does the Dr. not actually erase EVERYTHING??
    it leaves your media alone.

    the original poster will be getting an entirely different phone though, so that's why he needs to figure a way to transfer his pictures.
  12. #12  
    For breaking your phone, I would have punched him again
  13. #13  
    The launch day club is dwindling.
  14. jc924's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #14  
    I'm still on a launch day phone with no problems except the usb cover came off.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by solodarkprince View Post
    oh and on a side note the other prob with my Pre that happened awhile back was that the power jack stopped working so I bought touchstone so I can't transfer anything that way.
    Damn, your micro-usb port is broken? That would've been the easiest way to copy everything off the internal memory. Hopefully someone knows a way to access the memory via wifi an app or some linux command, that would be probably the only other way.
  16. #16  
    Just got my replacement.

    All official apps paid and free transferred via cloud.

    All my contacts were restored fine as well.

    I think the cloud is more stable now, the problems they had back in the fall were because they weren't prepared for all the people trying to access the cloud server at the same time but it seems more stable now according to the Sprint reps.

    you could also just upload whatever pics to facebook that might be easier than emailing yourself a bunch of times.

    Also in terms of contacts after I lost them all in the first cloud failure (thankfully I still had my old phone) I sent all my contacts to my Gmail account via the Send All Contacts To Email patch, and I breathe much easier now.

    No matter what happens to my phone they are now all in google and I have google set up as my primary contact account all new contacts sync there.

    Peace of mind and highly recommend spending the time to set it up.
  17. #17  
    My first Pre which I got 3 days after launch due to the demand was replaced 2 weeks later. But since then, I have had the same Pre since the end of June and it's still going strong. My USB door still opens, but its is cracked on the bottom part of the phone where it snaps back in. I have used the Touchstone 90% of the time. If I didn't have the TS, I'm sure my USB port would be broken by now with constant charging.

    Thanks for the tip. Now I know if someone tries to steal my Pre, I will put it in my left hand first, and then right hook the thief!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks guys sending my pics to email now. One last thing, what about my internet bookmarks? I have ALOT. The new one is here now so I'm am getting ready to do that whole thing didn't know if those were backed up as well.
  19. #19  
    the only app you will have to purchase is the 'brass knuckles emulator' that broke when you hit him. That is a ssingle-use app... :-)
  20. #20  
    I'm actually curious, did the guy pay for his crimes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions