Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well the only processor i see that would be a huge plus is using the extremely efficient omap4 this pic may be a hint that Texas Instruments still plans on supplying palm with their processors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The physical device looks like a Pre mockup with a front facing camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The physical device looks like a Pre mockup with a front facing camera.
    ...........or the pearl that is on the front of every Sprint Pre........
    Who knows, maybe that is the next Palm phone
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    looks like a nokia device to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    looks like a nokia device to me
    yeah, i actually think it looks like the next Jitterbug.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Highly doubtful. OMAP4 isn't expected to be ready for smart phones until 2011 or late 2010 at the earliest. If Palm waits that long to release a new device, there will be no more Palm. If Palm is sticking with Texas Instruments for their chipsets, the best we can hope for is the OMAP3640, which on paper at least, looks like a capable competitor to current snapdragon processors.

That would actually be a nice kick in the pants in terms of specs. However, knowing the way that these things go, we'll probably just get a little polite nudge up to something like the OMAP3440.
    I hope OMAP4 is possible in the next Pre as well, but I pretty much agree with rawvega entirely.
    front facing cameras are going to be the next big thing. When 4G hits phones you will be able to video talk to people, the bandwidth is broad enough and fast enough.

apple already talked about it, i have not seen palm just yet but you know its out there or at least on their minds.

or it better be, cause i want that.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  10.    #10  
    Yes i agree also that the best choice is the omap 3640. I was not concened with what exactly is in the picture but with the fact that its a palm i think is significant. I could car less about the snapdragon i think texas instruments are better processors. And yes i know that the omap4 is supposed to be coming out late 2010 into 2011 but i read some where that texas instruments is already messing around with a phone maker. Also read something about the omap4 possibly being used in a phone around november. I doubt it. Either way Ill be very happy just for the fact that they are using a TI processor. So yes i do agree and hop that we get the 3640 1ghz processor but i wish we get the omap4. That thing is a beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ...........or the pearl that is on the front of every Sprint Pre........
    You can see the pearl in the shadow of the semi-transparent finger swiping.
    oh.

ok.

this is clearly the next Palm device then.
    Except that the trend is to get rid of the pearl, in favor of a white slit, as on Verizon's Pre Plus.

There is also a right arrow above that "pearl" on the horizontaly-held phone. The circle at what would then be the top could be a differently styled earpiece. But what is that swoosh? It looks set-in as opposed to a reflection artifact. That they're showing nothing but old time album covers is interesting. The screen also looks closer to the edge.

Whatever it is, if it's anything at all, the screen's rounded corners certainly makes it look like webOS.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 03/12/2010 at 01:47 PM.
    That article is over a year old. Heck, the Pre's unveiling was just a month prior.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    If TI has a device available to demo, then Palm can too. Porting the code from the omap 3 proc to the omap 4 shouldn't be difficult at all. It's just a matter of time since they would just be working on efficiency with the newer features available.

As for a release, I wouldn't expect something like how the Pixi was released. (Just a few months before availability). I would expect something in the summer saying that they have a new handset. And afterward, the availability would depend on how much they're willing to market it as - like a replacement for the Pre or an older Brother to the Pre which would mean after the demo of the new device, we would have to wait as Palm makes the millions of handsets because it is the next device that they want everyone to buy.

If they don't go with that plan, then I would expect a Pre ++ that uses the 3640. That's still a nice bump as long as they keep the price nearly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    If TI has a device available to demo, then Palm can too.
    It's not quite that simple. Most likely, the demo / prototype versions are the size of a netbook or so. It takes a while to get those down to the actual size that they'd be in a device, and then get those mass produced.

Edit:
    Proof of the above- that phone monstrosity is their OMAP4 demo device:

With many more images at: http://www.slashgear.com/texas-instr...ds-on-0172231/
    I dunno this is a good find,

I like the look of whatever phone that is and it sure looks like a pre.

http://newscenter.ti.com/media/p/2886.aspx

Another good pic.
    Last edited by saluki42; 03/12/2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Also if you type Omap4 into Google images a suspicious number of pics of the Pre come up. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Also if you type Omap4 into Google images a suspicious number of pics of the Pre come up. Just saying.
    http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/r...to-gallery.jpg

and Samsung's. theyll probably beat Palm to the punch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast